"Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Originally posted by siron View Post
      What a brilliant game. Almost killed my video card:

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...ating-bug.aspx
      Not to poke fun, Siron, but I can't resist. This reminds me of a song:

Starcraft killed the video card.
      Starcraft killed the video card.

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Can you sing that then embed it, please?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Just beat the single player. Way better SP than the original.

The MP...only played a couple co-operative game, but it is more of the same with a slick coat of paint (which is a good thing, IMO).
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            The MP...only played a couple co-operative game, but it is more of the same with a slick coat of paint (which is a good thing, IMO).
            SC1 top notch Terran players will probably disagree:

"Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

SC1 top notch Terran players need to get out more.

Comment

Asher's definitely right about the SP campaign. Zerg and Protoss expansions are supposed to be even more goodness.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Starcraft 2 SP is very fun; there is a lot of variation in mission, some of the cut scenes are fun to watch (but others are very cheesy), there more units is SP than in MP and, between missions, you can choose to upgrades units/building, research a new technology or contract a new special units (mercenary). There is also a lot of accomplishment to obtain, if you are a perfectionist.

I also like to play the challenge (SP); there are around 12 challenges, which will help you to learn efficient tactics and strategy in order to be a better player.

I didn’t play any games in MP (yet!) but I’m looking for it as soon as I finish the campaign.
                  Last edited by CrONoS; August 5, 2010, 23:23.
                  bleh

Comment

Secret Mission

Do you use the mercs? I'm chosing unit/building upgrades over them so far.
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I used mercs as an emergency stopgap in the final mission, but otherwise you'll probably get more mileage out of the upgrades.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

It was the first non-indie game that I could buy in English walking through the front door of the e-store. There's still some douchebaggery left like linking the language to the MP servers, but I'm not going to play MP much. Blizzard store Direct2Drive
                        Graffiti in a public toilet
                        Do not require skill or wit
                        Among the **** we all are poets
                        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

If you play online, you must play Parasite! It is fantastic!
                          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So how are you all doing in multiplayer? I'm gold at 3vs3 and silver at 2vs2.

Comment

Found a Dwarf Fortress Easter egg.
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

The SP was fun, but too short. I don't find skirmish as fun because you don't get the same variety of units as in the campaign. I'm not enjoying MP at all. I never had good teammates. I either get ganged up in a rush, or my team sucks and gets killed too quickly. I've yet to try co-op. I played probably 60-70 hours of the game in the first two weeks before moving on.

I'll check back in a few months to see if there are any interesting mods. All those other game modes just seem cheesy except for the FPS. And the FPS mode seemed like horrible weaksauce... like something straight out of the late 90's.

I reinstalled Command and Conquer Generals recently. Sorry fellas, but that game has a lot more to offer than Starcraft did and SC2 does. There's also a healthy mod community that continues to produce new content. I'd probably also rank Supreme Commander above Starcraft.

SC2 didn't bring anything new into the genre. They only thing new that they did, tactically, is create the illusion of height with the addition of cliffs. But really, it just means you can be cheap and sneak attack someone's base with Reapers if the level allows. Other than that, it's basically just newer graphics. Oh, and this time you have to buy three games instead of one.

The real innovation here is in Blizzard's business model. Every time someone like Al praises this mediocre game, somewhere a cash register goes CHA CHING for Blizzard.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X