Mass Effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
    Definitely still worth playing ME1. The mako sections are annoying, and the side quests largely dull, but the main quest line is very very good.
    Yes... ME 1 and ME 2 flipped with that. The loyalty missions in ME2 were great... the main campaign was sort of boring.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
      I do not agree. Also I think it is made perfectly clear you need a tech expert for the first bit of the last mission.
      I'd agree.

My mistake was thinking that Thane qualified as a good second squad leader since I was trying to avoid team conflict (Jack opposes Miranda)... and I didn't think of Garrus.

I was extremely upset when that got Tali killed. I ended up replaying about 4 hours of gameplay to correct that problem-- it was worth it. I could not live with myself if my ignorance resulted in her death. Jack on the other hand was provided with a chance to redeem herself by leading the colonists back to the ship, and she perished there, but it seemed to be an appropriate end for the serial-killer-would-be.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
        I'd agree.

My mistake was thinking that Thane qualified as a good second squad leader since I was trying to avoid team conflict (Jack opposes Miranda)... and I didn't think of Garrus.

I was extremely upset when that got Tali killed. I ended up replaying about 4 hours of gameplay to correct that problem-- it was worth it. I could not live with myself if my ignorance resulted in her death. Jack on the other hand was provided with a chance to redeem herself by leading the colonists back to the ship, and she perished there, but it seemed to be an appropriate end for the serial-killer-would-be.
        Thane to be a leader?

All the man did was operate alone. Garrus, Miranda, and Jacob were the only ones that had leadership experience... well, and Zaeed Massani, although it seemed that every operation or mercenary group he led, he ended up being the lone survivor or his group turned on him and tried to kill him, so his leadership skills are questionable.

Tali did seem to have leadership experience, though. She seemed to be in charge of those operations where you'd run into her on.

But Thane never showed me any ability to lead. Even on his loyalty mission, he went off by himself to get into position while I tracked the guy.

Oh and you know, the person who you sent with the survivors will survive as long as they're loyal. Jack didn't have to die.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

oh wait I see... you weren't high enough in paragon or renegade at the time to get the option to shut both Miranda and Jack the hell up... so you had to side with one and lose the other's loyalty.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Yes... ME 1 and ME 2 flipped with that. The loyalty missions in ME2 were great... the main campaign was sort of boring.
            I agree the ME2 main campaign wasn't as good as the ME1 campaign, but I think boring is a stretch! And the overall package was clearly better imo.

Comment

>>oh wait I see... you weren't high enough in paragon or renegade at the time to get the option to shut both Miranda and Jack the hell up... so you had to side with one and lose the other's loyalty.

Yes, that is indeed what happened, but no huge regrets there- I have little to no sympathy for Jack. I've run through twice now and I cannot get my paragon or renegade levels to the final bar. My "good" character had just enough flaws to keep him from attaining full paragon, and my "evil" character may be a jerk, but the character is not evil enough to be a renegade--the character would not let Zaeed blow up the refinery, for example. I RP rather than min/max, for better or ill.

And I agree with your assessment re: Thane- I really don't know what I was thinking other than I disliked Jacob and I figured he would be incompetent, I completely forgot about Garrus, and I let Jack outvote me on Miranda.

I agree with you on Zaeed, although my "good" character had no use for him and refused to hire a mercenary who would found something like the Blue Suns so I turned him down when given a chance. My "good" character also left Grunt on ice and sold Legion for a great deal of profit.
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

>>oh wait I see... you weren't high enough in paragon or renegade at the time to get the option to shut both Miranda and Jack the hell up... so you had to side with one and lose the other's loyalty.

Yes, that is indeed what happened, but no huge regrets there- I have little to no sympathy for Jack. I've run through twice now and I cannot get my paragon or renegade levels to the final bar. My "good" character had just enough flaws to keep him from attaining full paragon, and my "evil" character may be a jerk, but the character is not evil enough to be a renegade--the character would not let Zaeed blow up the refinery, for example. I RP rather than min/max, for better or ill.

And I agree with your assessment re: Thane- I really don't know what I was thinking other than I disliked Jacob and I figured he would be incompetent, I completely forgot about Garrus, and I let Jack outvote me on Miranda.

I agree with you on Zaeed, although my "good" character had no use for him and refused to hire a mercenary who would found something like the Blue Suns so I turned him down when given a chance. My "good" character also left Grunt on ice and sold Legion for a great deal of profit.
                Here's a tip I found out when I wanted Morinth and couldn't get her first time through... one of the skill attribute things... When you max it out, it gives you an option for a big boost on your paragon/renegade scores. You can even retrain at the technological improvements console and reset your skill points to ensure you max out that attribute to allow you to get the boost. I hit max renegade when I did that even before getting Morinth which gives you more renegade. Basically, I had excess renegade so it's definitely possible to max out renegade at least while still having some paragon decisions.

Comment

That would be your class passive ability. The evolved version at rank 4 has one version that gives a higher boost to Paragon/Renegade scores than the other, though both are large (70% and 100%, if I remember correctly).
                  Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Yes I took that... It doesn't quite push me over the edge, regrettably.
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Mass effect is very good game and there are too much interesting levels in every stages and also good to make fresh mood. I played this game more than nine times. It is so interesting and I like its all background and animated screens which looks very attractive in every level, I like third level.

Comment

I am Also a Mass effect player ,The game begins with the creation of your Commander Shepard. You are free to go with the model that was used in all marketing, or you can make your own male or female and with a variety of background and visual options. The decisions made here have a significant impact on the game itself. Some people who are in the game will deliver different dialogue if you play as a woman.
                        בקתות שווייצריות וורבייר

Comment

Just beat Lair of the shadow broker last week on insanity. It's a fun DLC, probably the best so far. The door defense portion was one of the best in the game combat wise. I recommend it. It hs inspired me to do a second insanity play through on my xbox account (the first I did on my brother's account).

Comment

Really? You're talking about when they're waiting for the door to open to get into his base? Because of the smart comments? Or because of the gameplay?

It seems like every game has some moment where you're waiting for something to happen while getting assaulted (like Modern Warfare 2's downloading the data in the house or Rainbow Six Vegas' hacking the computer in the opera house but it's been done in many more games). It's so cliche at this point. Hell, Starcraft 2 has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              Really? You're talking about when they're waiting for the door to open to get into his base? Because of the smart comments? Or because of the gameplay?

It seems like every game has some moment where you're waiting for something to happen while getting assaulted (like Modern Warfare 2's downloading the data in the house or Rainbow Six Vegas' hacking the computer in the opera house but it's been done in many more games). It's so cliche at this point. Hell, Starcraft 2 has it.
                              Starcraft 1 had it. Every game which had a 'king of the hill' game mode had it. It's as clichéd as deathmatch
                              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It may be a cliche, but I thought it was fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X