Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you buy Europa Universalis 3 or HOI 2 on Steam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you buy Europa Universalis 3 or HOI 2 on Steam?

EE 3 complete and HOI 2 complete (HOI3 is still crap, am I right?) are both dirt cheap right now, but I wonder if they can be patched normally, or if I have to go through Steam? If so, are there issues? Also, can I use mods?
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Steam patches automatically, you'll actually download the latest patch with the initial game download. Mods work fine.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Steam has Civ4 for $6.79 today. Insane.

Civ4 + all the expansions are $13.60.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Steam have constant problems with implementing the patches to PI games properly. Nearly every time a patch comes out, it works flawlessly on all platform except Steam. But if you want to use them, I'd go for EU3: Complete. It's amazing. You should get Heir to the Throne too, it's making a great game 10x greater, but it's not a must. EU3:Complete is great as it is.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

HoI3 is not crap btw, not with 1.3, but HoI2: DD: A is still better.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Well, I got them both. HOI 2 looks awful, though: the resolution is locked at 1024x768 and it doesn't look pretty on my 1080p screen. I know there are hacks, but it seems they make the game unstable. With the insane prices on Steam, I bought 5 games in a couple of days. I should probably stop...
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Victoria is older and can support 1280x1024 without hacks, so I'm not sure you're right there?

Comment

According to developer Johan, the screen resolution for the game is locked at 1024x768.

The best option right now is to play it in windowed mode. I'll try it out.
                Last edited by Nostromo; December 31, 2009, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Steam has Civ4 for $6.79 today. Insane.

Civ4 + all the expansions are $13.60.
                  I went to steam to purchase Civ IV complete for 13.60 I put it in my cart when it was 13.60, registered to with steam, entered my billing info and then on the confirmation screen it said 26.99. The sale ended between the time I placed it in my cart and the time I went to buy! ARG!!! :

Comment

Originally posted by korn469 View Post
                    I went to steam to purchase Civ IV complete for 13.60 I put it in my cart when it was 13.60, registered to with steam, entered my billing info and then on the confirmation screen it said 26.99. The sale ended between the time I placed it in my cart and the time I went to buy! ARG!!! :
                    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I ended up buying the 14.99 Victoria bundle from gamer's gate instead of Civ4 complete.

Comment

Working...
                      X