Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Apparently the Call of Duty: MW2 campaign is done in 5 hours, around the same as ODST.

They did finally fix the unlimited respawn ****, though.

But the story is very weak. It's clear the emphasis is becoming the multiplayer component only.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

You don't enjoy machine gunning people as a Russian gangster? WTF? I thought you were cool.

Besides, online is where it's at.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I ran out to pick up my copy during lunch. I can't wait to get out of the office.

Comment

I'll be getting it for Christmas for 360. Was going to get it on the PC til I found out there's no point.

Apparently Impulse and Direct2Drive are boycotting it because the PC version comes bundled with Steam, and installs Steam with the game.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Also the PC version is pretty severely gimped. Ars Technica had an article about it.

You really should try to get into the multiplayer. Single player is sweet but short.

Comment

There's way, way too many douches and it's way, way too competitive for my liking.

Comment

No dedicated servers for PC = Won't be getting this one. IW really boned PC gamers.

Also, 9v9 matchmaking only in MP. Ridiculous.

Comment

consoles are for CoD and Halo type games. PC's are for MMORPG's

and nevar the twain shall meet.
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

uh, are you kidding? PC (keyboard and mouse) is the only way to play FPS games. in fact we originated the genre.

Comment

"we"? Who do you think you are?

Comment

PC gamers/game developers in general/PC gaming as a blanket term..

PC gamers made Call of Duty popular, now IW is ****ting all over us

Comment

Define "popular". Call of Duty didn't become truly popular til it hit the consoles.

Comment

Of course, because they "owe" you.

Comment

Seriously guys, compare the multiplayer features of COD4 to MW2, it's a complete downgrade that reeks of being console-centric. That's where the money is, though. Just sucks that I'd rather keep playing COD4 instead of dealing with matchmaking and 18 max players on MW2...

Comment

I got it this morning for £26 from Sainsburys (a supermarket - they are increasingly getting into the release day action here for big titles). Not bad when you consider the RRP is a ridiculous £50 for MW2.

I was expecting a short campaign but MW was more than 5 hours with a strong story and variety, so it's a shame if that's been lost. But the MP is clearly the make or break aspect.

Running at a whopping 96 at metacritic so far on the 360. A clear game of the year contender as I predicted, despite what some here posted beforehand to the contrary.

Comment

Working...
                              X