No announcement yet.

Best LucasArts Adventure Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alas, I haven't played DoTT. At the time, I never managed to get a copy. I should try it one of these days.

I'll have to go with IJatFoA, if only because it was the first one I played and beat. I even remember my second playthrough, in which I told Sophie not to come, and upon reaching North Africa I remember thinking '****! I'll surely lose now', and a while later, 'Cool, I can win this way too'.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

DoTT is still worth playing and you can get it quite easily. A classic.

Comment

DOTT does, indeed, kick mega-ass.

ha ha ha
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
          I'm surprised so many went for the original Monkey Island when the third one (Curse) is clearly the best of the whole series.
          Now, this is just bull****. Curse is a very good game, but is definitely inferior to the two first games in the series. First of all the plot is very thin, second, Curse started the trend where Monkey Island became all comedy, while the first two had also had pretty dark, atmospheric pirate environments (think about Melee Island and Woodtick), third the writing is good, but not on far with the two first, fourth it does not have as memorable music, fifth it is less interactive (possibly because it has voice acting) and sixth it introduced the tall silly Guybrush-model that is now the standard. Curse of Monkey Island is a very good game, just not on level with the two first. The second one is my favorite, probably because of the fantastic Part 2 where Guybrush have access to all of the tri-island area searching for the different parts of the map. Also the music is fantastic, the puzzles are good, and the writing is excellent. Also, the library was a stroke of genius! Its extremely funny just to check out all the random books they throwed in there

Comment

Working...
          X