MoO2 successor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MoO2 successor?

Is there a new game that relates to moo2 as civ4 relates to civ2.
    I want to know if there is a more modern space game that is well done and with the replayability value of moo2.
    Last edited by Sir Og; August 24, 2009, 12:01.
    Quendelie axan!

GalCiv 2?
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I saw a few gameplay vids on youtube and wasn't very impressed. I guess I should give it a try. Is there an expansion or a specific patch that I should get for the best possible experience?
      Quendelie axan!

Comment

GalCiv2 is closest, but not nearly as good.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Another mention for GalCiv 2 - it's supposed to be pretty good with the expansion.

Comment

I tried it, I think I had the expansion (can't quite recall) but I didn't care for it.
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I suppose MoO3 is either too obvious or is considered never to have existed?
              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy View Post
                I suppose MoO3 is either too obvious or is considered never to have existed?
                I think he meant successor as a newer game that is as good or better than Moo2, not literally the next number in a series.

Galciv2 wasn't bad, but not really close.
                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I like Sins, but it is real time, pausable.
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Just so it's clear, SC is saying he likes Sins of a Solar Empire, not that he likes sinning in general.

Comment

SE5 has a lot of the same functions, but it is really not a very inspiring game unfortunetly. So go with SE4
                      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                      X