Ballmer: New 360 in 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballmer: New 360 in 2010

Rumors can be confirmed, as Ballmer stated openly during a speech on the recession to those in attendance at the Executives Club in Chicago, a new Xbox 360 will hit the store shelves in 2010.

Steve Ballmer giving a speech on innovation during a recession
    The new device will be equipped with technology that is “really, really, close” to an actuality. The console, which was described as having a “natural interface,” will have a built in camera with the ability to recognize movement and voice.
    I'm shocked that it will be ready to roll that quick, but I hope existing 360s just will need a firmware update for this, if not, the perfect excuse to buy a second and move the old one into the bedroom as a netflix machine.

I will note that it is curious that they quoted Ballmer in part, but did not quote him saying the 2010 line...

It's been widely known since Natal was announced that it'd be coming out Fall 2010, and it only makes sense for them to do a redesign/shrink (think PS2 vs PS2 Slim and PSX vs PSOne) and bundle it with Natal, potentially with a new name.

But it's also widely known that the 360 itself will be unchanged. It won't be faster, have more memory, etc.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I know it was speculated, but I hadn't seen anything other than rumors, and nothing from someone like Ballmer or an underling. Though, admittedly I haven't paid much attention and saw it on Kotaku today.

Comment

They've certainly screwed up the PR side with the mixed and unclear messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          It's been widely known since Natal was announced that it'd be coming out Fall 2010, and it only makes sense for them to do a redesign/shrink (think PS2 vs PS2 Slim and PSX vs PSOne) and bundle it with Natal, potentially with a new name.

But it's also widely known that the 360 itself will be unchanged. It won't be faster, have more memory, etc.
          Asher

To me your the Guru of IT including consoles gaming

Question:

Any scuttlebutt/prediction on how long a good version of this motion (using the hands) for gaming is away?

From what I saw briefly yesterday a new technology with I believe a sensor mounted in front of screen allows you to go between functions like a movie or a game, just wonder how it will work with a shooter?

Thanks in advance Asher
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
          X