Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What classic game should I play next?

I'm mainly into rpg's and Civ games.

I'm thinking of going for the Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 series again. Although I played it only about 9 or 10 months ago. It might be too soon. I'm just lazy about installing games. I finally uninstalled world of warcraft. It was taking up too much room. I really need to prune my hard drive. I'm not sure what's taking up all the space. But I don't have a backup for my data right now...

I installed civ4 again, but not in the mood for that right now. Other contenders would be Neverwinter Nights 1 (both expansions and a couple premium modules), Neverwinter Nights 2 (and 1 expansion), Knights of the old Republic 1 and 2, Morrowind, Oblivion (not sure how this would run on my comp), Fallout 1 and 2, icewind dale 1, planescape torment, That's about it for the games I'd seriously consider playing.

I'm not going to seriously mention games I bought, but have no intention of playing again due to suckage. The sims 1 and 2 come to mind, black and white etc.

Yes I realize the absurdity of you guys making this decision for me. But I'm not good at making decisions. If you guys do this right, you can decide what I'm going to wear tomorrow.

If you have Civ4 installed, I'd recommend downloading Fall from Heaven. It's kind of a hybrid Civ/rpg, with magic, lots of unique flavor for each of the civilizations, hero units, unique religions, and lots of other stuff I forgot to mention. Pretty steep learning curve, but worth it IMO.

Comment

I like a run through Shadows of Undrentide every now and again, with a new class.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV View Post
        If you have Civ4 installed, I'd recommend downloading Fall from Heaven. It's kind of a hybrid Civ/rpg, with magic, lots of unique flavor for each of the civilizations, hero units, unique religions, and lots of other stuff I forgot to mention. Pretty steep learning curve, but worth it IMO.
        Interesting. Yeah I haven't checked what mods and scenarios have been out since the most recent expansion.

Comment

ended up going with neverwinter nights 1. They released a patch just last year. Which is pretty good for such an old game. They say they could afford continued support for the game because of premium module sales.

I'm downloading and reading the patch right now. The update didn't work right, so I have to manually download. It's a huge file, it's going to take a while . Looks to be a decent amount of changes. It's always nice to have new tile sets and audio. But they also have a new prestige class. It's good they continued to update the game.

I'll play through all 3 campaigns, and see if I can download the premium modules I paid for. I should be able to if I can find my password... And then maybe see what kinds of new modules are out using new tilesets. The original campaign is a little generic, but it's good enough to play through again. And I'll carry that character over to shadows of undrendtide if I can.

Comment

A good choice.

Comment

Dis, give evony a go, it feels old school and is addictive, you can login from anywhere (I play at work and at home). It's not a game you have to rush, but there is certainly enough to worry over.
              be free

Comment

I had a lot of fun playing the user created campaigns in Neverwinter Nights 1.

I liked that enough (couldn't stand the OC) to buy the two expansions, but didn't really play the game afterwards.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I like druids for rp reasons, but they seem to really suck in D&D, or I suck at playing them. I like druids so much better in world of warcraft

I'm playing a druid/shifter. I'm a druid 6/shifter 5 currently. Brother Toras in the tomb on the north road (outside of Luskan in chapter 2 of the original campaign) proved to be quite difficult for this class. In the end the only thing I could do was keep healing my henchman (Daelin). Kind of sucky nothing I have can damage this guy. You'd think even my scimitar +2 could damage him, but no. None of my shifter shapes seem to be able to do any damage. Yet Daelin red tiger can damage him just fine. I don't have that many healing spells as a 6 druid, so I ended up dragging potions onto Daelin so he healed. Kind of sucky.

I know I'm a support class, but it would be nice if I could actually damage things. At this point I don't even know if I can do the final battle. I really don't want to restart as chapter 1 is kind of boring after just having done it. I'll keep playing as a druid/shifter I guess. I'm just not that happy with the killing ability.

Comment

almost done with the original campaign.

But I really got a hankering for Diablo. But could not get it to install. It kept saying to put the install disk in the cd rom player. It should be noted my copy of diablo is on a CD-R. Maybe my player isn't recognizing it? Or maybe the install program has a problem with Windows XP. Has anyone tried to play Diablo with XP?

Comment

Yep, plays just fine. I mount an image of the CD onto my hard drive,

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

What's "classic"?!! If you mean a game that's stood the test of time - in the words of one Mr Meier - you could look at the free-to-play imitation that was first published before Civ2 but has now reached the Space Age in relative terms: Freeciv. Its standard download is very like Civ2 (with notable addition of a Workers unit) but there are numerous variants possible. freeciv.wikia.com or find it on Twitter (and with its own subforum here).

Another free game based on Civ2 but succeeding in its aim of improving on it: C-evo ("Civilization-evolution"). Design your own military units (other than the half dozen fairly primitive units that are designed for you). Key advances Science and Mass Production have a choice of prerequisites. Spaceship needs very rare minerals, so you must hunt and maybe negotiate! c-evo.org; also mentioned on other subforums here.
                        [Mr] Robin F Patterson

Comment

Hey dude, you can play GTA 5 game. GTA 5 was very complicated to finish because the levels were so hard. So you can play this one. It is also very interesting game.

Comment

Play the classic gold box AD&D games. They're free and they're still huge amounts of fun.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Neverwinter Nights 1 is my suggestion

Comment

Working...
                              X