XBOX 360 question about games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBOX 360 question about games

I often sit and play lots of PBEM's on my PC, and rather than start a game, save and then play a save from the email, I have started playing XBOX 360 CIVREV.

I do enjoy it, although the shortness of the game play and the restrictive style of customability has me where I am look another XBOX 360 game.

here is what i was looking for, something in the way of a war game, could be wwIi, maybe even Roman times.

Not a "shooter" but more like Civilization (TBS) versus AOE II: Conquerors (RTS)

Any suggestions?

Also, some game that I could sink some time into, similiar to Civilization, but newer to the age of consoles, so I thought I could get some expert advice from you fine folks!

Im not so much into aliens and space life, I did enjoy C & C Generals:Zero Hour for PC.
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

If you want a slower paced strategy game to play online you are better off with the PC as there are lots of good options.

The console RTS games are weak, and the TBS game (CivRev) weaker still. There are a few XBLA games like Age of Booty and various card games like Uno it might be worth checking out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
      If you want a slower paced strategy game to play online you are better off with the PC as there are lots of good options.

The console RTS games are weak, and the TBS game (CivRev) weaker still. There are a few XBLA games like Age of Booty and various card games like Uno it might be worth checking out.
      DrSpike, actually, to play offline on the 360

Comment

For RTSs on the 360 there is Halo Wars and C&C 3. I think both have demos on xbox live. I have to agree with Spike though, you can't properly play a RTS on a console.
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post
          DrSpike, actually, to play offline on the 360
          Still a similar answer though - for SP strategy games play PC games. Civ4, Galciv2, Sins of a solar empire etc.

Comment

Also, there are some more recent games like Dawn of War 2 and the new Total War game.

Comment

Thanks much guys

Comment

Get total war series. That game is made for 'polyites' looking for RTS.
                :-p

Comment

There's a game that takes the HALO universe but makes it into a real time strategy game.

I don't know if it's any good though. My roommate played it for a while.
                  "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                    Get total war series. That game is made for 'polyites' looking for RTS.
                    So does it take awhile to play?

Comment

Edit: to AC.

Halo Wars. It's very simplified compared to PC RTS games. Even with the Halo name it's only getting decent reviews (~80 average).

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                        There's a game that takes the HALO universe but makes it into a real time strategy game.

I don't know if it's any good though. My roommate played it for a while.
                        Thanks Sis!

I havent forgotten about you, just hand been giving fits in this cold weather (RE: 11 Screws and a metal plate (Cold deep pain from palmn to forearm) and been working long hours.

I do hope to take time to play with you soon, is what I would enjoy maam!

This Halo, is the same with the PC version?

I was looking something like a TBS or RTS but not a shooter, something I could play as a sngle player.

Thanks in advance though!
                        Last edited by Grandpa Troll; March 9, 2009, 15:36.

Comment

Oh Grandpa Troll, the RONTAP pipes are calling...
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                          X