DrSpike does a LotM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrSpike does a LotM

Well a mini one anyway. 6 months or so ago Braid was released on the 360 (XBLA) to universal acclaim, but I didn't play it because I was tied up and also thought the 1200 points price point was too bold.

It's on special this week for 800 points and I'm only playing SF4 at the moment, which could use a companion game, so I picked it up. And it's frickin' amazing. I was expecting clever puzzles because of the earlier reviews but even with that high bar I was taken aback by the ingenuity behind the game and the various game worlds.

No doubt some here will find ways to criticise simply because it is a console game that doesn't conform to their biased view of the world, but the good news for those that don't have a 360 is that the game is also coming out for PC later this year. And you absolutely all have to play it.

It's coming out eventually to PC ... he's been saying that for a long time, unfortunately. But as I have an X360 now I of course made it my first purchase, and I agree wholeheartedly
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

does a LOTM as in celebrates a bargain, or as in does a look at me post about the latest game I got?
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

No, does a LotM in terms of playing the game 6 months late. I said it was a mini one.

Comment

6 months man? Its been a very long time since I played a game 6 months late

Playing a game 8 years late gives one the pleasure of reading a mission briefing that says you are going to Tbilisi cause the Russians are stirring up the South Ossetians to rebel against the Georgians, and saying "WHISKEY! TANGO! FOXTROT!"
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark View Post
            6 months man? Its been a very long time since I played a game 6 months late
            Do you understand the concept of a mini-LotM?

Comment

LOTM has an insane talent for missing the obvious and sucking any fun out of threads.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Well look what the wind blew in.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  LOTM has an insane talent for missing the obvious and sucking any fun out of threads.
                  Actually I think it's you who suck the fun out of the threads by making them all about your various wars with other posters and not the topic.

Comment

The topic is DrSpike does a LOTM, and you have the balls to pretend like it was a real discussion...
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      The topic is DrSpike does a LOTM, and you have the balls to pretend like it was a real discussion...

"Well a mini one anyway. 6 months or so ago Braid was released on the 360 (XBLA) to universal acclaim, but I didn't play it because I was tied up and also thought the 1200 points price point was too bold.

It's on special this week for 800 points and I'm only playing SF4 at the moment, which could use a companion game, so I picked it up. And it's frickin' amazing. I was expecting clever puzzles because of the earlier reviews but even with that high bar I was taken aback by the ingenuity behind the game and the various game worlds."

Sounds like a discussion of Braid, to me. Some folk take thread titles too literally, sucking the fun out any discussion.

Have a nice day.

Comment

If this thread is about Braid, then it is a dupe:

Comment

Yes it's about Braid, and yes I chose not to bump a 6 month old thread with a handful of posts.

I know it's hard Asher (especially given you are a bit down at the moment with losing your job) but it would really be nice to have at least a thread or two where you're discussing whatever the issue might be without attacking posters, like your first post here.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a sims 2 thread.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Hell no.

I finished Braid last night - the ending is weird but overall it's an excellent game.

Comment

Working...
                              X