No announcement yet.

Rainbow Six, or, More fun with Gametap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have downloaded Ghost Recon, and the training and interface looks like an improvement.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

this game is pretty good. hard, but good.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

anyone know how to get past the dam level stuff. I got to the generators where you are supposed to do something but I couldn't figure it out.

Before you make a plan it may be a good idea to take a single character, and look at the level with your eyes, that helps me(and on 1 level I accidentally completed it that way).

Splinter Cell Chaos theory is awesome, but has starforce . Interogating all the enemy characters in a level can be fun, especially the ones that know they are in a very bad situation regardless of your presence there.

Comment

I am continuing to enjoy Ghost Recon. I am up to first urban mission. I like using snipers. I keep losing people though, which, since I am playing on "recruit" (IE easy) means I am still pretty far from "hard core"

Comment

<3 Splinter Cell, even with the evil starforce on Chaos Theory. I'm not sure it will still have that on Gametap, but either way it's a good one! Honestly any of the first 3 will be fun, but CT is kind of the 'sweet spot' where the technology, gameplay and writing all came together awesomely

"I knew it! I knew there were ninjas here!"
            But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
            PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

I was going to suggest Ghost Recon, but now i'll just add my thumbs up to what you are already finding out. The Rogue games(especialy the earlier titles) are great at what they do - a 3D/first person simulation of real time squad based tactics, but they are pretty hard core to get into(well worth the effort to mind you). Ghost Recon is a much easier(more fun?) model to get to grips with; ahh... the hours spent on the windswept mountains of central/eastern europe sniping down the locals........a guilty pleasure!

hmmm if you get into Ghost Recon, and find Rouge too tricky to move onto, then also check out the old Delta Force games - good fun also.

Comment

Originally posted by Makahlua View Post
                <3 Splinter Cell, even with the evil starforce on Chaos Theory. I'm not sure it will still have that on Gametap, but either way it's a good one! Honestly any of the first 3 will be fun, but CT is kind of the 'sweet spot' where the technology, gameplay and writing all came together awesomely

"I knew it! I knew there were ninjas here!"
                It is a shame that they just dropped the ball on versus mode though.

Comment

I always found the Splinter Cell games(well the first two i played) rather 'on-rails', i much prefered the open enviroments of GR. Kinda why Gears of War never rocked my boat, very liniar. Good atmosphere in Splinter Cell mind you, and it has a certain cool factor, just frustrating where you get stuck and have to do over a level and dont have a lot of room to maneuver.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark View Post
                    [...] Low and behold, after I click to cancel, they offer me a month free. [...]
                    You did not, by chance, mention this site to them, did you?

EDIT: I once got some splinter cell game that was on sale - and regreted it. In contrast to Snoopy, the TPV drives me nuts. It also felt very linear to me, and hard to control (half of the screen was always covered with that guys head...). Very dark, but i figure that´s what all those googles were for. But not much later, i put it away... I think it was ´Chaos something´ and it started in a very dark environment. I had seriuous issues, getting where i was and what else ´there´ was. I dont think, starting a game in a dark environment is a particular good idea - i might have ended up playing it, if i hadnt have to struggle the first hour or so, to even see the one path i was supposed to follow, then find out, who shot, then, find out, that the guy stood right in front of me, then find out that there is another one around the corner, that i didnt see, then find out, i should switch through variuos googles all the time and then finally get out of the cave, to what seemed to be a ship (but i wasnt sure - it was so freaking dark !)...
                    Last edited by Unimatrix11; March 17, 2009, 16:27.

Comment

Working...
                    X