Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone played free space or free space 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-War good game - but yeah not an elite killer. And i agree on any space game that forces you to feel like your not in a big expansive galaxy/universe as not being a good thing.

Jumpgates/wormholes all those mechanics to try to hide what Elite II onwards had managed perfectly well - real space simulation. You want to fly on thrusters from Mars to Earth, ok....but it will take you hours.

After that kind of freedom, all the contrived methods of space travel do feel a bit cheap. And in terms of the X games, i never quite understood what they were doing wrong for me....I did play the original and X3 quite a bit but you always felt space was definately finite - you could fly to its 'edges'. That just didnt work for me among other things.

My journey in Everchrom legends is making progess - it's not a bad effort in many ways(the game that is). After multiple crashes into planets trying to land I got the hang of that part. The navigation system is pretty unituitive, as is the lack of information on your targets and where you can go.

But the feeling of being in a wide open space is conveyed much better than in the X games. It's just not as well thought out as the Elite games, but the graphics are an improvement! I ran out of my 89mins demo so have re-installed as you have much more to discover than you can in that 89min. I'm not sure yet if it is worth buying mind you, but i'm going to try to find that out - i hope so, i like to support small devs like this.

Comment

I want Freespace III
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
      X