Recommend games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend games

We're looking for games along the line of Myst or Riven or other fantasy role explorer puzzle games. We got an old shuttle X computer running win 2000 so I imagine it aint able to handle the more graphics intensive games they probably have out there now.

Check out Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.

Comment

that has violence? This game aint for me its for someone who doesnt care for violence but likes the adventure journey type games.

Comment

yeah, just read wiki on it. She doesn't want violent games, just the search/explore/find treasure and hidden passages etc, wander around looking for clues. I never played Myst or Riven so I'm not exactly sure if they have any violence.

Comment

Perhaps you could try one of the newer adventure games? The genre has got kind of a renessaince lately. "A Vampyre Story" for example, has got good reviews.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

So Blonde!!

It's pretty decent, reminds me a lot of Monkey Island.
            be free

Comment

Here's the link: http://www.soblonde-game.de/

If your friend is not bothered by older games, then definitely give Monkey Island III (actually, this one is kind of timeless due to the artists direction) a shot; or at least try the entire series, it's a fantastic game.
              be free

Comment

thx, she likes the really mystical scenery in games like myst and riven. Not too cartoonish

Comment

Wasn't there a pair of games ... Siberia, or something like that? Decent, good story?
                  <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                  I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                    that has violence? This game aint for me its for someone who doesnt care for violence but likes the adventure journey type games.
                    There are swordfights but it's quite a cutesy game overall, with good puzzles and action. There aren't a lot of Myst type games so you don't have a huge amount of options.

If you want an adventure game though as some have suggested there are lots of candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369 View Post
                      Wasn't there a pair of games ... Siberia, or something like that? Decent, good story?
                      Syberia, I think the title is. I don't know much about it, as I haven't played it. You could always drag up The Longest Journey.
                      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Syberia

Amerzone
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Leisure Suit Larry

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
                            Leisure Suit Larry
                            Great games.
                            Don't like the old version without support of mouse though.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              Great games.
                              Don't like the old version without support of mouse though.

Sorry, you don't get to be a true adventure gamer. Only a real adventure gamer would type everything in.

Look around
                              Look at rock
                              Push rock
                              Lift rock
                              Break rock
                              Fart rock
                              Kick rock
                              Push stone
                              You have found a dagger.

be free

Comment

Working...