No announcement yet.

Console Wars VI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which console has sold the most games, so far? I mean, how many games have people bought for the wii, how many for the xbox, etc.

Comment

• spambots are the funny.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• I wish I could buy a Console Wars VI, but Asher is too much for my hardware to handle.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• NPD April 2010

PlayStation 3 180.8K
          Xbox 360 185.4K
          Wii 277.2K

1. TOM CLANCY’S SPLINTER CELL: CONVICTION* 360 UBISOFT Apr-10 486.1K
          2. POKEMON SOULSILVER VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 242.9K
          3. NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. WII WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Nov-09 200.3K
          4. POKEMON HEARTGOLD VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 192.6K
          5. GOD OF WAR III* PS3 SONY Mar-10 180.3K
          6. WII SPORTS RESORT W/ WII MOTION PLUS* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Jul-09
          7. BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2 360 ELECTRONIC ARTS Mar-10 166K
          8. WII FIT PLUS W/ BALANCE BOARD* WII NINTENDO OF AMERICA Oct-09
          9. JUST DANCE WII UBISOFT Nov-09
          10. SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV PS3 CAPCOM USA Apr-10 143K

*. SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 360 CAPCOM USA Apr-10 108K
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• When can wee expect next gen consoles? Any educated guesses?
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

• I'm impressed with how close the PS3 is to the 360, I thought it was more of a distant 3rd. And damn, I didn't realize just how incredibly dominant the Wii was. Amazing. Nintendo.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Those are monthly sales - the 360 is still some way ahead of the PS3. And yes, though some don't like to admit it, the dominance of the Wii in hardware sales is undeniable.

Comment

• Of the rumored devices we've been looking forward to getting official at E3 this year, two of the biggest come from Microsoft -- both of which, sadly, seem to have escaped from their bag a little early. First is Kinect, the re-naming of "Project Natal," and now it's looking like the rumored Xbox 360 Slim has been leaked early as well. An Italian site, Console Tribe, ran an ad (embedded after the break) showing the above rather more angular looking console that's definitely an Xbox 360, but definitely not a current model. It mentions that this model is compatible with the Kinect and also invites you to "live today." We're thinking this model was not supposed to go live until tomorrow, but seizing an extra day doesn't sound so bad for us.

New Xbox 360 design (maybe)
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• also, Natal is now known as Kinect.

It's having a red carpet debut tonight with Cirque de Soleil. Being televised by MTV tuesday.

MS' press conference for E3 starts tomorrow at 1pm PST.

Comment

• Kinect is a silly name.

Comment

• Kinect? What kind of name is THAT?
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• It strikes me as a somewhat better name than 'wii'.
                          Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                            Kinect? What kind of name is THAT?
                            It makes a lot of sense if you understand the origin.

Kinetics...connect...

Comment

• Yes, yes, I got that connection. But still.... Kinect? Sounds like a spelling error.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• It's had a day to grow on me, and I've read a few reports about it now, but the name still sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X