No announcement yet.

The future of PC gaming - 2009 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sceptical too, just in case that didnt come across in my posts "not sure if this a good thing or not"/"Still if their tech works as well as it claims in the real-world, then they might have something?" - that was me being sceptical.

It's still an interesting article from the point of view of playing any PC game on any PC(with a decent net connection). The proof will be in the pudding.

And as for my being responsible for the economic crash......hmmm, Asher "you is a dang crazy fool"(MrT accent) sometimes, which just goes to show that scientists also make mistakes(which they do).....unless you mean by not buying a 360 i caused the crash, in a butterfly seeding tornado kind of way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
      I did read it, it was just all CLEARLY bull****. As a scientist, I ignore such bull**** as much as possible. I understand that as an economist, it's harder for you to avoid.
      A real scientist has always an open mind, no matter what.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Where are Asher's posts gone? I do hope he hasn't been banned again.

Comment

• Just another stunning display of ineptitude by the admin here.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Or a real dedication to their job of making this a nice place to be.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• If they would want to make this site nice, they'd:
              1) Change your avatar, as it is deeply offensive to atheists such as myself
              2) Get rid of racists like yourself, who hate me because I'm black
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                Just another stunning display of ineptitude by the admin here.
                Maybe. Or maybe you rattled the wrong chain.

Comment

• Maybe i triggered them by using the term ´personal insult´ - if that´s so, your most recent posts will be gone again soon. Asher, i fully acknowledge your expertise on the matter at hand, but i dont know what you are trying to achieve with mostly unnecessary sillyness and rudeness. Knowledge is wasted on those without the patience to spread it.

Comment

• hmmm i'm not sure i like posts getting deleted. They weren't that bad were they? I'm sure Asher in full swing has posted worse?

But yeah lets see what this new era of cloud computing will bring - i'm an old cynic about it, and old fashioned in that i like to put stuff/run stuff on my computer in perfect blissful isolation, so it will be a hard sell for me - i'd rather just get the hardware i need to play the games i'm interested in.

But for some(well heck it could be many)people, especialy in area's of the world where computer tech is too expensive etc, then this could(if it works like they seem to think it does) be huge for PC gaming, maybe the shot in the arm it needs against the rise of the console? It could also be a pink elephant - but worth keeping an eye on.

Edit:

Some links with more info:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

and the direct one:

Last edited by El_Cid; March 25, 2009, 09:01.

Comment

• El_Cid, "no one" deleted the posts. There's some kind of system issue with data loss.

Comment

• The coverage has been pretty wide. It's an interesting idea - maybe for a decade's time, but still interesting. God knows PC gaming needs some new business models, and user friendly subscription based unrestricted PC gaming might be a contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unimatrix11 View Post
                          Maybe i triggered them by using the term ´personal insult´ - if that´s so, your most recent posts will be gone again soon. Asher, i fully acknowledge your expertise on the matter at hand, but i dont know what you are trying to achieve with mostly unnecessary sillyness and rudeness. Knowledge is wasted on those without the patience to spread it.
                          The worst part is Asher has already toned it down after I told him off a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

• I certainly did not!

You're just bull****ting now that all of my offensive posts from the past few weeks have disappeared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              El_Cid, "no one" deleted the posts. There's some kind of system issue with data loss.
                              ok, well good - that it's some mystery system issue, and not heavy handed cencorship i'd have to make a complaint about.

@ DrSpike, i dont know if it needs a decade to be honest - it's looking pretty near good to go, if it works as they are saying it does(technical requirements being met). One downer is that according to the FAQ it's looking at a US only release - i guess just in the first stage?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike View Post
                                The worst part is Asher has already toned it down after I told him off a couple of weeks ago.
                                He certainly has not. He still calls me a racist and claiming I hate his colour, which is a deeply offending claim to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X