The future of PC gaming - 2009 edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
    Take a breath, Asher. You are not under attack or being knocked. Nikolai and Snoop have been trying to have a conversation with you. They seem to respect your level of knowledge enough to stick with the thread despite some quite rude output from you. Now Snoop did rise to the occasion so I'll let you two work it out. But for the rest of us, we enjoy expository sentences on the subject much more than meaningless rudeness. Try that.
    There's two problems here:

Nikolai is not reading what I'm writing. I'm spending time explaining things to him which he doesn't read or comprehend. That's disrespectful and offensive.
    Snoopy accused me of saying something I didn't say. That's disrespectful and offensive.

They get what they give.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• It does if you only quote part of a sentence though. And I ask you again to actually read my posts, instead of auto-replying with cencored insults. You like the word "reading comprehension". Try it yourself.
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Nikolai is not reading what I'm writing. I'm spending time explaining things to him which he doesn't read or comprehend. That's disrespectful and offensive.
        Again: If you try reading what I write...
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

• Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
          It does if you only quote part of a sentence though. And I ask you again to actually read my posts, instead of auto-replying with cencored insults. You like the word "reading comprehension". Try it yourself.
          jqtc1ct73tc7t76t736tc6t3c763t7c6736t876387t638t 7yg ygfyhbhbhbff 4 4oc3nyyr47yt734 tc

What the ****? Seriously?

Your sentence is a complete thought. The whole post was UTTER NONSENSE.

You post IS VERY CLEARLY talking about how you are asserting Microsoft has rules and regulates what kind of content independent developers put on the Xbox 360. My posts VERY CLEARLY discussed how XNA/Xbox Live Community Games have no such guidelines from Microsoft.

You are now accusing me of misreading your posts, when I clearly did not. You are also accusing me of quoting you out of context, which I clearly did not.

Are you a liar or are you epicly stupid, Nikolai?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Again: If you try reading what I write...
            I've read it three times now and it's VERY WRONG every time, and I gave you CORRECT INFORMATION before your post which you DID NOT READ or INTENTIONALLY IGNORED.

And now you are acting like you're misunderstood when you are just WRONG.

I will state this in SIMPLE ENGLISH in BIG LETTERS so you can understand.

MICROSOFT DOES NOT REGULATE OR PROVIDE CONTENT GUIDELINES FOR ANY CONTENT PUBLISHED TO XBOX LIVE COMMUNITY GAMES. ANY INDEPENDENT DEVELOPER CAN SUBMIT ANY GAME THEY WANT TO THE SYSTEM, AND MICROSOFT DOES NOT CENSOR OR MODIFY IT.

Now if you'd read what I write...

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
              Take a breath, Asher. You are not under attack or being knocked. Nikolai and Snoop have been trying to have a conversation with you. They seem to respect your level of knowledge enough to stick with the thread despite some quite rude output from you. Now Snoop did rise to the occasion so I'll let you two work it out. But for the rest of us, we enjoy expository sentences on the subject much more than meaningless rudeness. Try that.
              It's no use - even I often fail at getting Asher to play nice.

Comment

• I'm not sure how anyone can play nice when dealing with people so mind-numbingly dense for years on end.

Comment

• I'll repost the post in question with some bolding then:

What is relevant is that as I've understood it, MS has set some very strict rules and limitations on the games the indie devs can publish on their platform. Which is much the same on Wii too and I guess on PS3, if Sony has a similar thing there. That I do not know. If those limitations are not there, well, then the debate is settled, isn't it?

And then the reason for the bolded part comes:

[b]I've read a few discussions and a couple articles on how indie devs don't like the terms MS give for allowing the publishing of their games.

And, lo and behold:

If that info is wrong, feel free to say so, but please don't scold me for taking part in the discussion.

As you can see, I explained what I meant in my earlier post and that it was my understanding. I then told you I don't mind being corrected, but I expect you to do it in a civil way. Which I btw said much clearer later on, when it was obvious you didn't read my posts properly.

All of this, you obviously didn't read. Or comprehend. Choose what fits.

Comment

• You did explain how it was your "understanding", which really is implicit in a post on this site. But you said this was your "understanding" in reply to a post of mine which should have corrected your understanding.

I did read your post. I clearly understood it. Just go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.

I'll try to summarize in a way that even a Norwegian poster could understand. You responded to a post I made which clearly illustrated how the system works with a post by which you completely ignored what I said but prefaced with "it is my understanding that".

So did you completely ignore what I said, did you not understand it, or did you think I was lying?

Comment

• I told you what was my understanding, and why, as an explanation. I didn't say I didn't accept your claims and you info. Seriusly, are you really that dense?

Comment

I told you what was my understanding, and why, as an explanation. I didn't say I didn't accept your claims and you info. Seriusly, are you really that dense?
                        How the hell could I be the dense one here?

I'm explaining to you how the system works, in no uncertain terms. I've provided links to the various official sites to explain how it works.

You ignore all of this and state the exact opposite from what is on the official sites and in my posts with a post about your clearly incorrect "understanding". There is no value to that.

The fact that you afterwards tried to play the misunderstood poster routine is just pathetic.

It is my understanding that people from Norway have a combined IQ of 50.

Comment

• It is my understanding that factual correctness doesn't matter when prefaced by "it is my understanding".

Comment

• You're so cute Asher. Always thinking the worst of other people, never admitting your own faults, always trying to make others feel small. I guess it's some kind of attempt to compensate for something.

Comment

• Comment

You're so cute Asher. Always thinking the worst of other people, never admitting your own faults, always trying to make others feel small. I guess it's some kind of attempt to compensate for something.
                                Nikolai, you've been posting in these threads for years but you don't actually contribute anything. It's very tiring. I even take a few minutes to try to explain it to you, which you promptly ignored. That's very insulting.

So you can think I'm just being mean here, or you can try just a little bit harder to understand what people are saying when they take time to reply to you. As I've said many times, you're very much like Ben Kenobi in this respect. It's in one ear, out the other with you...

Comment

Working...
                                X