Hey Asher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale View Post
    You're just cut because you sucked at the game and disbanded your army rather than doing the sensible thing and adding them to your colonies (or starting a new colony just to hold them).

As for hosting a domain, did you happen to look up where it's hosted? Poly of course.
    The game is obviously flawed in many ways. The fact that you've already changed it dramatically with mods so quickly after the release demonstrates on some level you understand it's a **** game, but you're too stupid to realize when to move on and play better games.

As for hosting it on Poly, good for you -- but you still bought the damn domain with your own name in it, to boot. You're here looking for love and acceptance, and that's not something I give to people who are genuinely sad. A website built as a shrine to you and your sad accomplishments just makes it worse.

Are you still apologizing for Spore's flaws too, or have you manned up to that as a **** game as well?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

For someone who castigates a person for buying a web domain to draw attention to himself, he also likes drawing attention to himself with a habit of ongoing personal insults, and crowing about HOF votes and online president votes...

To repeat...

I find you funny because of your overblown reactions and online self-importance. And going off on the most trivial things is a hallmark of online discussions, even though it can be considered a social deficiency...

Sometimes the only way to make the point is to stoop to the level that speaks to the person involved. In this case, I have to do a lot of stooping.

Throw out words like douchebag and retarded in a spiteful way at your coworkers, and you'd probably earn a kick to the groin.

However, nobody can physically kick you in the groin online, so it has to be done verbally.

and read my last post...I never asked you to change. The world needs blowhard buffoons.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Why is it online self-importance when someone makes a thread called "Hey Asher!". My whole point is to stop **** like this. Do I need to word it more simply or something?

I get it, you don't like that I berate people who are continually wrong and try to correct me online. Fine, get over it. I'm not going to change, you just said you don't want me to change, so what are you doing if not spamming?

Do you think this through at all? What is the point of your posts?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
          In the great scheme of things, what is gained by going off on someone because of a simple tech question????

Nothing... Absolutely nothing.

When you finally die, are you going to lie on your deathbed and say, 'Boy...I sure got the best of it in all my online arguments?'

I would guess not.

Here's the the point of all this...it's your overblown reaction to the situation that is so funny.

So you do not tolerate online fools...and I do not tolerate online blowhards.

Actually I do tolerate them...I just like pointing them out publicly for what they are.

To be honest, I find them to be hilarious because of their perceived self-importance, especially when they get all bent out of shape over the most trivial issues. So I give them their own medicine.

So...please do not change. We all need a laugh. And like you, I do not care what you think about me, because you will never change, and truth be told, neither will I.

So no ignore lists for me...too much amusement is lost in the process. And the world needs buffoons for no other reason than for comedic relief.

...and I'll clarify the name I labeled you for your benefit...from social cripple to online social cripple. My apology, there's no need to broaden the term into an area that I have no familiarity with (your offline social dealings)
          You should post here more.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            The game is obviously flawed in many ways. The fact that you've already changed it dramatically with mods so quickly after the release demonstrates on some level you understand it's a **** game, but you're too stupid to realize when to move on and play better games.
            So you call the game "flawed" when you make a stupid mistake and get your ass handed to you? Then that means CoD5: WAW is flawed because I keep getting my head blown off when I walk around the corner of a building when I don't check for germans.

As for hosting it on Poly, good for you -- but you still bought the damn domain with your own name in it, to boot. You're here looking for love and acceptance, and that's not something I give to people who are genuinely sad. A website built as a shrine to you and your sad accomplishments just makes it worse.
            Says the man who crows about his HoF and OT presidency all the time. Do you wrench your arm out of it's socket to pat yourself on the back every time? It sure must hurt. I'm not here looking for "love and acceptance", I'm here to push my own ambitions to become a known game designer.

Are you still apologizing for Spore's flaws too, or have you manned up to that as a **** game as well?
            Yes, I was man enough to admit that. Now be man enough to admit you're a blowhard and online social leper.

EDIT:
            Here you go, just for you. The post of me being a man about Spore: here.

Interestingly, in the same thread you were found to have made another stupid mistake and being attacked by megaton and killed in an infinite loop (which you then claim is flawed design). Funny how even NPC's in games come to hate you too.

Comment

Yes, Dale did admit I was right about Spore.

If only others around here could be so mature about admitting their mistakes.

Comment

So you call the game "flawed" when you make a stupid mistake and get your ass handed to you?
                Are you this pathetic to defend what is obviously a flawed game design?

It is not a stupid mistake to build up a massive army of soldiers and then have then fortified as soldiers when you decide to revolt against the King in Europe! In fact, that's what an intelligent person would do! The fact that this works against the game design indicates the design is FLAWED. This is something you tacitly admit -- but clearly you won't man up to it here -- because in your mods you "fixed" this design.

I had "100%" revolution in all of my cities and only 32% revolution on the meter. Nowhere did the game tutorials or anything obvious indicate soldiers fortified inside of the city do not accrue liberty bells for whatever reason -- an omission in documentation AND a clearly retarded game design.

Don't ****ing lecture me on making mistakes, because Firaxis made a huge one here and you just one-upped them by trying to excuse their mistake even though one of the first things you did is mod the game to fix it.

You're a pathetic asskisser. It's truly sad.

I'm here to push my own ambitions to become a known game designer.
                So why don't you ****ing grow a pair and make your own game aside from trying to stick your nose so far up Sid Meier's ass that you can check it for polyps? Pathetic. Write your own damn game with your own damn code, stop pulling a Frosty by modifying other people's games and pretending like it makes you a game designer. You're not more a gamer designer than I am when I play a balls-to-the-wall "mod" of Risk and Trivial Pursuit with friends.

Yes, I was man enough to admit that. Now be man enough to admit you're a blowhard and online social leper.
                How the **** can a social leper win juvenile popularity contests?

Your stupidity is truly enraging. Do you ****ing know what the word means? What does it mean when an "online social leper" is more popular and has more friends online than you do? More importantly, have you ever made a single post on this site where you are not blatantly wrong about anything you say?

You're a slightly more pathetic Ben Kenobi. At least he looks to Jesus for acceptance and salvation, you just look to people on this forum.

Comment

I had "100%" revolution in all of my cities and only 32% revolution on the meter. Nowhere did the game tutorials or anything obvious indicate soldiers fortified inside of the city do not accrue liberty bells for whatever reason -- an omission in documentation AND a clearly retarded game design.
                  Actually, in the Pedia it clearly states rebel sentiment is based on colonists in your settlements:

To increase your Liberty Bell percentage, you must generate more Liberty Bells relative to the number of citizens in your settlements.

No where does it state that military is counted.

Write your own damn game with your own damn code, stop pulling a Frosty by modifying other people's games and pretending like it makes you a game designer.
                  Designers don't write code. For someone who supposedly is so good at his job, I thought you would know that.

How the **** can a social leper win juvenile popularity contests?
                  Because that social leper jumped up and down screaming for everyone to vote for them. Didn't you guys even have a "vote me" avatar?

What does it mean when an "online social leper" is more popular and has more friends online than you do?
                  It means someone thinks more of themselves than they actually are. If online popularity contests and "buddies online" mean so much to you, then I'll leave you to your "oh look at me!!!!!" rant. Some people don't need that as we have a fulfilling life outside of the computer.

You're a slightly more pathetic Ben Kenobi. At least he looks to Jesus for acceptance and salvation, you just look to people on this forum.
                  Sorry, but I don't stoop as low as you to take cheap shots about religion. I respect everyone's seperate beliefs which you so obviously don't.

Comment

Actually, in the Pedia it clearly states rebel sentiment is based on colonists in your settlements:

To increase your Liberty Bell percentage, you must generate more Liberty Bells relative to the number of citizens in your settlements.

No where does it state that military is counted.
                    But the military units were all fortified WITHIN SETTLEMENTS.

The manual must mean they must be WORKING IN THE SETTLEMENTS, which is a FLAWED GAME DESIGN if that's intentional.

Designers don't write code. For someone who supposedly is so good at his job, I thought you would know that.
                    I don't work in the games industry (the pay sucks), but I do know all good game designers can and do program (or started off doing it). Can you name one good PC game designer who was never a developer? In my field, all good designers (architects) also develop themselves. There's a handful that don't (it's "beneath them") and they're truly awful.

Because that social leper jumped up and down screaming for everyone to vote for them. Didn't you guys even have a "vote me" avatar?
                    That's how campaigns work, you mental midget...

To get people to vote for me they must like me. I also have to frequently empty PM box from people messaging me and have way too many people from Apolyton that've added me on their IM...so your delusion that I'm some social leper here is clearly, well, delusional.

It means someone thinks more of themselves than they actually are.
                    Oh, holy ****, you really ARE STUPID.

That's not at all what "social leper" means. Wow...

And that's not a "cheap shot" at religion. I put Ben Kenobi on a level ABOVE you for his religious beliefs, you ****ing ******.

Sidenote: How can someone talk to Dale without feeling the urge to smack him down? He's just like Frosty -- a classic case of a wannabe game designer begging for acceptance on a geeky gaming community. Maybe other people on this site aren't as perceptive as I am, it's the only excuse. Or maybe they just pity you...

Comment

But the military units were all fortified WITHIN SETTLEMENTS.

The manual must mean they must be WORKING IN THE SETTLEMENTS, which is a FLAWED GAME DESIGN if that's intentional.
                      Actually, within the settlement means.... well..... in the settlement. Not outside fortified on the plot. Your "mistake" is clearly evident (I used the word mistake so as not to assume you're stupid ).

I don't work in the games industry (the pay sucks), but I do know all good game designers can and do program (or started off doing it). Can you name one good PC game designer who was never a developer? In my field, all good designers (architects) also develop themselves. There's a handful that don't (it's "beneath them") and they're truly awful.
                      Name one? How's five.
                      - Will Wright
                      - Jeff Briggs
                      - Rob Pardo
                      - Jeff Kaplan
                      - Tom Chilton

That's how campaigns work, you mental midget...

To get people to vote for me they must like me. I also have to frequently empty PM box from people messaging me and have way too many people from Apolyton that've added me on their IM...so your delusion that I'm some social leper here is clearly, well, delusional.
                      No, to vote for someone you don't have to like them. And having a full PM box? Oh come on, surely you're not THAT full of yourself to rate your so called "popularity" on a full PM box. Or you really ARE that much of a blowhard. Did it hurt your shoulder wrenching your arm back to pat yourself on the back again?

And that's not a "cheap shot" at religion. I put Ben Kenobi on a level ABOVE you for his religious beliefs, you ****ing ******.
                      Funny how you can do that without even knowing my own beliefs. That puts you in the same box as George Bush then, assuming all Iranians and North Koreans and Iraqians are terrorists.

Sidenote: How can someone talk to Dale without feeling the urge to smack him down? He's just like Frosty -- a classic case of a wannabe game designer begging for acceptance on a geeky gaming community. Maybe other people on this site aren't as perceptive as I am, it's the only excuse. Or maybe they just pity you...
                      Holy ****, you actually do think I care. I feel more sorry for you every day.

Comment

Actually, within the settlement means.... well..... in the settlement. Not outside fortified on the plot. Your "mistake" is clearly evident (I used the word mistake so as not to assume you're stupid )
                        How are units fortified visually and strategically WITHIN A SETTLEMENT on the map not within the settlement? The fact that there is a disconnect and ambiguity here again indicates a flawed design. A good game designer would recognize that.

Name one? How's five.
                        - Will Wright
                        The creator of The Sims and Spore? I rest my case.

- Jeff Briggs
                        The designer of Civilization III? I rest my case.

- Rob Pardo
                        Rob Pardo -- the guy who wants to "monetize everything" in games and is responsible for splitting Starcraft II up into three different games and single-handedly killed many better games with the mediocre World of Warcraft? Perhaps your best example, but still not a good one.

- Jeff Kaplan
                        The replacement "world designer" for Pardo which is responsible for some of the most bland instances in MMORPG history? He's not even a game designer, but a level designer. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel here.

- Tom Chilton
                        Yet another World of Warcraft team member. Holy **** are you ever desperate. He worked on Ultima Online (utter ****) and was one of many "designers" on World of Warcraft, and he certainly did nothing amazing with the game.

No, to vote for someone you don't have to like them. And having a full PM box? Oh come on, surely you're not THAT full of yourself to rate your so called "popularity" on a full PM box.
                        How the **** do you define popularity if it's not winning the site's popularity contests and having so many people PMing and IMing me that the boxes get full?

Funny how you can do that without even knowing my own beliefs. That puts you in the same box as George Bush then, assuming all Iranians and North Koreans and Iraqians are terrorists.
                        Epic ******, truly. I didn't say a damn thing about YOUR RELIGION at all. I said YOU APPEAL FOR LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE HERE, while he does it through religion. Both are very sad, but at least his has some morals and faith behind it and yours reminds me of the ostracized geek from high school.

Comment

How is it different from Civ? If a unit is "in the city" it's working a tile in the city screen. If a unit is "fortified on the city" it is NOT in the city on the city screen or working a tile for the city screen. It's exactly the same! The unit is not "in the city" if it's not in the city screen. Or are you too blind to see that?

So you don't like my designer picks? One has the largest franchise ever with over 100 million sells, another has designed some of the greatest strategy games ever (Civ2/3 & Col1) and the other three have created the biggest money-maker in gaming history.

But you have to admit, they're famous lead designers who never coded. So your comment about designers coding is crap, like most of everything else you say.

So I "appeal for love and acceptance here" whilst you croon over your 'OT Presidency', HoF badge, number of PM's and IM's. Hmm.... whereas I've NOT participated in OT, popularity contests (except voting for members I believe are worthy of HoF) and not given myself tennis elbow from trying to pat myself on the back. Who's the sad one?

And for someone who believes Kenobi is "very sad" you sure do enjoy quoting him in your sig. Or do you secretly love him?

And for the ultimate in egotistical blowharding:

Thou shalt have no other Presidents before me.

Comment

Reading Asher's posts lately, he's actually getting more low than ever. I didn't think that was possible...
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
                              Reading Asher's posts lately, he's actually getting more low than ever. I didn't think that was possible...
                              i give Asher credit in the fact that he manages to anger most everybody on the site and seems to get a genuine, continual pleasure from it: like a true troll.

however he expends way too much time to continue his trolls and pick apart arguments as well as losing his temper easily: NOT like a true troll... and a great weakness.

he would make an easy mark for bored teenagers with too much time on their hands that exist only laugh at long posts and screaming whiners. also when he gets older he WILL burn himself out and realize nothing he ever said will make much difference here at all to most posters.

he is knows as a lolcow, you milk his rants for as much entertainment value as possible.
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ View Post
                                he is knows as a lolcow, you milk his rants for as much entertainment value as possible.
                                Or as I politely put it on page two of this thread:

since then everything else has been bait cuz it's so easy to get a rise out of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X