Hey Asher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Theben
    If you didn't want to be treated rudely, Asher, you shouldn't have replied beyond the initial post, followed by a PM to MrFun that you aren't free tech support.
    QFT.

I empathise as I tend not to post in OT economics threads because they usually wind me up within ten posts or so.

But either help as you are presumably able to do (and seemed to do in about the middle of the thread) or stay clear. No need to be a jerk about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
      Actually, the fact is we agreed on something
      We agreed on SOMEthing, I disagreed on SUBSTANTIALLY MORE.

Even now you're being a douche and immensely retarded. What is wrong with you?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I thought I would address my thread to Asher since I know him as being tech-savvy. I'm sorry I asked for your help, Asher.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

QFT.

I empathise as I tend not to post in OT economics threads because they usually wind me up within ten posts or so.
          Even in Other Games some people post nonsense about economics.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Unfortunately this is true, but it is bearable in very small doses.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                We agreed on SOMEthing, I disagreed on SUBSTANTIALLY MORE.

Even now you're being a douche and immensely retarded. What is wrong with you?
                ...says the arrogant, self-important social cripple.
                Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

I like how I'm a social cripple because I don't tolerate incessant stupidity online.

I've got many friends and a long-term partner and I'm well-liked at work, but because I take people to task online for stupidity you see fit to make social judgements.

Am I the cripple here, or is it you? I don't even know who you are, really, so I can't tell but so far you don't strike me as particularly bright. I don't give a **** what people think on here. If someone or something pisses me off (and a lot does, I'm very exacting), I speak my mind online without censor. You can deal with that, or you can add me to your ignore list like a little ***** and brag about it like some people do. It may make you feel manly or something.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

You can deal with that, or you can add me to your ignore list like a little ***** and brag about it like some people do. It may make you feel manly or something.
                    ...says the one that has AAHZ on ignore
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

In the great scheme of things, what is gained by going off on someone because of a simple tech question????

Nothing... Absolutely nothing.

When you finally die, are you going to lie on your deathbed and say, 'Boy...I sure got the best of it in all my online arguments?'

I would guess not.

Here's the the point of all this...it's your overblown reaction to the situation that is so funny.

So you do not tolerate online fools...and I do not tolerate online blowhards.

Actually I do tolerate them...I just like pointing them out publicly for what they are.

To be honest, I find them to be hilarious because of their perceived self-importance, especially when they get all bent out of shape over the most trivial issues. So I give them their own medicine.

So...please do not change. We all need a laugh. And like you, I do not care what you think about me, because you will never change, and truth be told, neither will I.

So no ignore lists for me...too much amusement is lost in the process. And the world needs buffoons for no other reason than for comedic relief.

...and I'll clarify the name I labeled you for your benefit...from social cripple to online social cripple. My apology, there's no need to broaden the term into an area that I have no familiarity with (your offline social dealings)
                      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                      ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
                        In the great scheme of things, what is gained by going off on someone because of a simple tech question????

Nothing... Absolutely nothing.
                        It's a pretty safe bet there won't be another "Hey Asher!" thread (though I'm sure some clown will make one in jest now)

I would guess not.

Here's the the point of all this...it's your overblown reaction to the situation that is so funny.

So you do not tolerate online fools...and I do not tolerate online blowhards.

Actually I do tolerate them...I just like pointing them out publicly for what they are.

To be honest, I find them to be hilarious because of their perceived self-importance, especially when they get all bent out of shape over the most trivial issues. So I give them their own medicine.

So...please do not change. We all need a laugh. And like you, I do not care what you think about me, because you will never change, and truth be told, neither will I.

So no ignore lists for me...too much amusement is lost in the process. And the world needs buffoons for no other reason than for comedic relief.

...and I'll clarify the name I labeled you for your benefit...from social cripple to online social cripple. My apology, there's no need to broaden the term into an area that I have no familiarity with (your offline social dealings)
                        So the moral of the story is I am providing amusement to you and you are then criticizing me for doing so? It's either funny or it isn't, and if it's truly funny you'd want to see more of it. So are you just stupid or are you a liar? Is this funny or is it not?

You can call me an "online social cripple" too, but how could such a person repeatedly win juvenile popularity contests such as being voted into the Hall of Fame or elected President of the Off-Topic? Clearly some people like me, even if you still can't figure out if you find me funny or not. Maybe some day you can figure that one out.

(PS: Nice job on Candle'bre. Best game since Duke Nukem Forever)

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark View Post
                          Even in Other Games some people post nonsense about economics.
                          To be fair, most of that nonsense is either from you or even DrSpike. I have to explain the fundamentals of finite supplies of money at publishing houses to DrSpike still...

Comment

So the moral of the story is I am providing amusement to you and you are then criticizing me for doing so? It's either funny or it isn't, and if it's truly funny you'd want to see more of it. So are you just stupid or are you a liar? Is this funny or is it not?
                            It's funny cuz you're sad.

Comment

I'm bitterly weeping inside that someone online who is obsessed with the piece of **** that is Civ4: Colonization thinks I'm sad because I berate people who try to "correct" me with bull**** in tech threads.

You can think whatever you want of me, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, if I were trying to make everyone like me and impress everyone I'd probably dedicate lots of time to games like Colonization to unbreak them and put tons of links in my sig to advertise my efforts.

(PS: How can you call me sad when you actually purchased a domain name and host a server called "DalesZone.com" to inflate all of your pathetic accomplishments in cleaning up other people's messes?)
                              Last edited by Asher; January 3, 2009, 04:46.

Comment

You're just cut because you sucked at the game and disbanded your army rather than doing the sensible thing and adding them to your colonies (or starting a new colony just to hold them).

As for hosting a domain, did you happen to look up where it's hosted? Poly of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X