No announcement yet.

Hey Asher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From PI's support forum(you need to register your game to acess it, so I just copy it here just in case:

Hello everyone,

*** This is a reference thread only.... please do not post here ***

If you get the following message when Loading EU3 In Nominee:

"This application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll was not found"

Or any other message that has d3dx9_35.dll in it please try to download the latest version of DirectX 9.0C from the following site.

EU3 In Nominee Requires the latest version of DirectX 9.0c March 2008 release.

Here is the direct link to the full download (tends to be faster)

download, software, update, Microsoft, product, computer, PC, Windows, Office, server, MSN, Live, game, Xbox, security, driver, install, trial, preview, demo, popular

Thanks JPD for that!
    Thanks dtroiani for the Sticky

NOTE: Simply downloading one of the above files does NOT install them on your system. You must extract the downloads to an empty directory - you could make a new one such as c:\dx9 - THEN run the installer DXSETUP.exe from there.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
      As Dale already has said, you need the newest version of DirectX. But why did you ask Asher? You should ask someone who know the game you know.
      The newest version of DirectX is higher than the 35 he needs...

Does no one listen to me?

35 is from March. The EU3 installer is supposed to come with that and install it.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher, why would you NOT install the latest version of DirectX? Seems silly to not keep your system up to date. It's like only installing XP SP2 when SP3 is available.

But, not up to me, my EU3 works fine with DirectX 10.

Comment

DX10 does not include all improvements from the newer DX9 versions.

Asher: The newer the better. It has been shown that most problems with EU3 and the other newer PI games can be solved by downloading newest DX9. 35 may be from March, but EU3 is older. The PI XPs does never come with anything other than the game files, to lessen download size I guess.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

What do you guys not understand?

The _35 part is a version. If the latest version is 38, installing that will not make v35 appear which is precisely what the game is looking for and can't find. This is why I said it's a GAME INSTALLATION issue, it is up to the GAME to ensure the specific DX driver they're building against is properly installed. Otherwise the user will need to download the March 2008 one themselves and install it to get the v35 necessary.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
              Asher, why would you NOT install the latest version of DirectX? Seems silly to not keep your system up to date. It's like only installing XP SP2 when SP3 is available.

But, not up to me, my EU3 works fine with DirectX 10.
              Argggghh, you're ****ing stupid.

EU3 is a DX9 game. It does not use DX10 in any way!

Holy ****, you need to start paying me money.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Argggghh, you're ****ing stupid.

EU3 is a DX9 game. It does not use DX10 in any way!

Holy ****, you need to start paying me money.
                Hey tool, I never said you have to install DX10. Read what I wrote instead of going off about something you are completely wrong about. I said that EU3 runs no problems on my laptop with DX10. Also, if you cared to check the link I supplied you'll find out that ALL DX updates are contained in the one install file now. Regardless of whether you run DX7, 8, 9 or 10. The latest update for ALL versions of DX is the November 2008 install which contains ALL previous updates (and thus the v9.35 file being asked for) at that page that I linked above.

Jesus you can be an arrogant incorrect son of a ***** sometimes Asher. If you took 5 seconds to actually check things out rather than just opening your gob and shoving your foot in it, you'll see that maybe sometimes, other people than yourself can be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale

Hey tool, I never said you have to install DX10. Read what I wrote instead of going off about something you are completely wrong about. I said that EU3 runs no problems on my laptop with DX10.
                  BUT IT DOES NOT. DX10 is NOT AT ALL COMPATIBLE with DX9.

Vista ships with BOTH DX10 and DX9. EU3 uses DX9 only, and has nothing to do with DX10.

I do not know how to make this more clear so you can comprehend it. Vista has two parallel DX environments: DX9 and DX10. They are 100% distinct and separate, right down to using different driver models! If you install a DX9 game on Vista, it uses the DX9 module alone and doesn't touch DX10.

Also, if you cared to check the link I supplied you'll find out that ALL DX updates are contained in the one install file now. Regardless of whether you run DX7, 8, 9 or 10. The latest update for ALL versions of DX is the November 2008 install which contains ALL previous updates (and thus the v9.35 file being asked for) at that page that I linked above.

Jesus you can be an arrogant incorrect son of a ***** sometimes Asher. If you took 5 seconds to actually check things out rather than just opening your gob and shoving your foot in it, you'll see that maybe sometimes, other people than yourself can be right.
                  You have to be ****ing kidding me?

The packages do NOT include all 38 revisions of the DX9 runtime, 32 revisions of DX8, etc. It includes the latest of each.

If a game is built specifically against one version (EU3 is built against v35 of DX9), it needs that specific version of the DLL to run. If it doesn't exist, that's why you get the error!So installing the "latest" of DX9, v38, won't make v35 appear!

jkhgjdfhgjashg r8gu8f89saf 8a8

Comment

PS Dale: Read your own ****ing link.

This provides the latest DX runtime for up to 9.0C. As you can see, it has nothing to do with DX10 which is completely different. It also clearly does NOT say it includes all prior minor versions (1 through 38), which in your post you say is the case.

Can you not read, are you a ****ing liar, or are you just retarded? Or all of the above?

Comment

I'm really sick of this convention of retards so I went and googled d3dx9_35.dll for you, since no one else could figure out to do that.

Just download that file here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_35

DONE.

Comment

I gave the relevant links already Asher. Other than that, you are correct in all ways. You still need to work with that attitude of yours though.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with my attitude. I'm rude to people who think it's not rude to ask me to waste my time doing something they should be able to do themselves (google the damn file name). Then I get lectured by people who tell me stuff that is wrong when I know for a fact it is right as I do this kind of **** for a living and as a hobby (DX game development).

To me, there's several levels here of being incredibly rude:
                          - Imposing on others to do you work for you ("Hey Asher!")
                          - Lecturing someone who knows what they're talking about with bull****, from someone who has no clue what they're talking about

It's a waste of time for everyone. It's a huge pet peve of mine to be treated as everyone's gratis tech support because they don't know how to google basic things or contact the tech support for the product they purchased.

Comment

PS Dale: Read your own ****ing link.

This provides the latest DX runtime for up to 9.0C. As you can see, it has nothing to do with DX10 which is completely different. It also clearly does NOT say it includes all prior minor versions (1 through 38), which in your post you say is the case.

Can you not read, are you a ****ing liar, or are you just retarded? Or all of the above?
                            Hey ****** (as you so enjoy saying) did you read the Additional Information?

The DirectX end-user installation includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components.
                            Thus it includes v35 changes.

Comment

Install it and take a screenshot of the directory containing the d3dx9 dlls and then re-examine the wording they use.

Comment

I'm really sick of this convention of retards so I went and googled d3dx9_35.dll for you, since no one else could figure out to do that.

Just download that file here: http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?d3dx9_35

DONE.
                                Nice tech support btw. Supply a single DLL file which when copied onto the PC will still not be registered in the registry and have potential other system issues, such as incompatibility with the other older DX files on there.

Nice going! I suppose you're one of those pathetic support people who charge low for the first outing deliberately causing other "issues" that you then charge a high premium for.

The OP's best course is to DL the full update and make sure all the DX files are updated and the correct versions, thus fixing the initial problem and avoiding any other potential issues.

Which is what I said initially.

Comment

Working...
                                X