Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gametap: catching up with the classics

So...

Railroad Tycoon 3: best economic game ever?

Seriously, I have not been able to stop playing this for the last couple weeks. It is just unbe****inglievable.

Between this and Startopia, Gametap may have been the best game investment I've ever made.

How does Sid Meier's Railroads stack up?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Re: Gametap: catching up with the classics

Originally posted by Guynemer
    So...

Railroad Tycoon 3: best economic game ever?

Seriously, I have not been able to stop playing this for the last couple weeks. It is just unbe****inglievable.

Between this and Startopia, Gametap may have been the best game investment I've ever made.

How does Sid Meier's Railroads stack up?
    I found thoroughly dissapointing overall.

Inability to switch tracks with trains caused major problems

GT
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

It wasn't well received. But if I recall RT3 was also viewed by fans of the series as a step back from the economic model of RT2, so you might like it.

Comment

Never played RT2... in what ways was RT3 a step back? I find it incredibly immersive.
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Seems like a great way to catch up with the classics

Seriously!! 99 cents for the first month - that alone would be worth the investment And then some

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
            Never played RT2... in what ways was RT3 a step back? I find it incredibly immersive.
            I don't remember the details as I was never a big fan of the series. Try a google!

Comment

Bits of the economy were good such as goods moving on their own down rivers etc but also limited in that you weren't allowed to run trains at a loss. Made setting up those production chains tricky sometimes.

Personally I just didn't like the move to 3D although I think there was a heavy amount of patching so might revist it over the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Standup

.........although I think there was a heavy amount of patching so might revist it over the holidays.
                on which game?
                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Railroad Tycoon 3.

Comment

Working...
                  X