Sequels, sequels, sequels!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequels, sequels, sequels!

Sometimes a sequel of a game is not automatically a better improvement over its predecessor.

I like Medieval: Total War and it's Viking expansion. But when I bought the Medieval II: Total War, I found that I still liked the first one much better.

I was somewhat disappointed with Medieval II: Total War.

What sequels of games have you found to be disappointing and actually less fun than its predecessor?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Civ 3.

Comment

My biggest disappointment is Master of Orion 3 vs MOO2 - particularly because MOO3 is a lousy game and MOO2 is a classic.

Many would say that Age of Empires 3 was a step down from AOE 2 - I'd agree, though it wasn't that much of a decline but AOE 3 certainly wasn't an improvement.

For some, Civ 3 would be considered to be a step down vs Civ 2 - especially those who played multiplayer games. For me, Civ 3 improved the game in many areas but also opened up new problems.

Most sequels are generally better than their predecessors thankfully.

Comment

A bit more on my thoughts about Medieval II: Total War by Sega.

I did not like the change of the world map in this sequel; I much rather prefered the world map of the first Medieval: Total War. I also do not like the way you move armies from one point to another in the sequel.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Apolyton is an inferior sequel to SidGames
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
          X