Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN 2 - Storm of Zehir

Anybody seen this yet?

It's got some pretty interesting new bits. You build a four character party, characters start out at level 4. There's a slot for a "cohort" and you can get a second cohort with the leadership feat, bringing your party up to six members.

They've got an overworld map, where non-combat skills become a bit more important. For example, Survival helps you move faster, Listen helps you detect wandering encounters, etc.

There's also a primitive trading system, tied into the quest and the item creation system.

It's not the greatest game ever, but it's been a nice little break from the Capital Wasteland.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Yes, it be goode, the overland encounters are kind of hard at first but I have the feeling they will be much easier to handle later.
    The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Is this an official expansion, or a user-made thing, or what?

I never did get around to finishing Mask of the Betrayer...
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

mask of the betrayer was pretty good. with wow xp out I will be hard pressed to find time for this. maybe next year.

Comment

I didn't like MotB because I felt
          1) it was too high level.
          2) the feeding mechanism put a time cosntraint on the game which I hated (actually, I should write hated in bold capital case size 48 to convey a slight sense of how much I disliked it).

Now reading reviews, I think I could like:
          1)lower level characters
          2)party-based tactics
          But the boring loading screens and weak (leaky?) engine are back, with a pitiful camera again. Worse, the storyline seems worth nothing.
          I'd really like to hear from anyone who got their hands on this here.
          Clash of Civilization team member
          (a civ-like game whose goal is low micromanagement and good AI)
          web site http://clash.apolyton.net/frame/index.shtml and forum here on apolyton)

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
            2) the feeding mechanism put a time cosntraint on the game which I hated (actually, I should write hated in bold capital case size 48 to convey a slight sense of how much I disliked it).
            That was what turned me off ot MotB as well. Thanks for reminding me so I didn't waste time going back to it.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I believe they removed the feeding in a patch. I haven't gotten that far into the first campaign yet, since I really only play it for mp these days.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by LDiCesare
                Worse, the storyline seems worth nothing.
                I'd really like to hear from anyone who got their hands on this here.
                It's not PS: Torment, but it's not claiming to be. It's an old school dungeon crawl, with a story that's sufficient to move things along.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

My biggest problem with Storm is the fact that all the dungeons are really small. We're talking one or two rooms. The one major exception is the final battle.

I had a good enough time playing through this, but I missed the NPC interaction more than I thought I would. Now I'm looking forward to what modders do with the new stuff in the expansion.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                  X