Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dune 2000

I used to play this quite a bit.

I couldnt recently until we made up a small PC for my grandchildren.

Now, games like Rogue Spear series, are playable.

I installed and will get into playing this weekend.

Did anyone else ever play this.

I need to remember how to thwart the old saboteurs, IIRC, they were engineers

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Well I did play it but don't have much to say. It's Windows-friendly, right? It's not a well known game probably because it's a polished top-of-the-line classic real-time strategy released at the time when everyone had already played such games for a few years and people were getting bored of them.

What do you think is the easiest faction to play?

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
      Well I did play it but don't have much to say. It's Windows-friendly, right? It's not a well known game probably because it's a polished top-of-the-line classic real-time strategy released at the time when everyone had already played such games for a few years and people were getting bored of them.

What do you think is the easiest faction to play?
      I have alllways enjoyed the loveable Harkonians

Comment

The original game was what got me hooked on RTS. I have the 2000 also, but alas, I cannot give strategy to you gramps. I forgot it...

ha

Now I have to load it up. I love Dune.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
          The original game was what got me hooked on RTS. I have the 2000 also, but alas, I cannot give strategy to you gramps. I forgot it...

ha

Now I have to load it up. I love Dune.
          I hadn't played the next version of DUNE (three discs) in awhile, but now am missing a disc

Comment

The planet Arrakis (also known as Dune for its sandy landscape) is the only place in the known universe where Melange (more commonly known as the Spice) can be found. The Spice is the basis of interstellar travel and thus the standard of the Imperial...

Dune II i think was better, and it's still one of my favourite rts games today.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
              The planet Arrakis (also known as Dune for its sandy landscape) is the only place in the known universe where Melange (more commonly known as the Spice) can be found. The Spice is the basis of interstellar travel and thus the standard of the Imperial...

Dune II i think was better, and it's still one of my favourite rts games today.
              The one I played was updated graphics and had 3 discs to it

Comment

yeah just kinda saying if you like Dune 2000, keep an eye out for the one i linked about(Dune II.........Dune(I) was a strange adventure game, not an rts). I think the general feeling is that it is the best in that series of games.
                As all real gamers know, graphics do not a great game make

Comment

Originally posted by El_Cid
                  yeah just kinda saying if you like Dune 2000, keep an eye out for the one i linked about(Dune II.........Dune(I) was a strange adventure game, not an rts). I think the general feeling is that it is the best in that series of games.
                  As all real gamers know, graphics do not a great game make
                  You will never hear an argument from me there my friend

Comment

iirc i remember that game having some serious faction balance issues.
                    :-p

Comment

I have the othr game, it was called Emperor:Battle for Dune

But cant find the original disc #1

Will have to go through some boxes is all I know

Comment

Working...
                      X