Need Spore Tech help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Spore Tech help

My wife bought me Spore for x-mas. In preparation, I have downloaded the creature creator. I can't run it, cause my laptop's graphics card is below minimum spec.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L15. I took it into Best Buy's geek squad for an upgrade so I could play the game, but they told me that they couldn't upgrade my computer and recommened I buy another one.

Fuuwee! I've already bested the geek squad once this week. Let me know what info you guys need to be able to determine if I can upgrade so I can play this game.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

I'll make you a deal, help me and my wife move tomorrow and I'll let you play SPORE on my PC. It will be in offline mode of course (no internet till wednesday unless I luck out and there's open WIFI in my new building)

I don't know anything about laptops, but I seem to remember that yours was fairly top-notch 2 years ago, it shouldn't be much of an upgrade if we can figure out how to swap a graphics card out of it.

I'm in Madison now btw.
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

If you were moving on Wednesday, I might be able to help. I just got done with weekends off and won't get another until next month (Dec 12th).

I'd bet that your building will have an unsecure network floating around somewhere. I got three of them in my neighborhood and Janesville isn't as tech savy as Madison.

I think I'll take this tech question to the tech sub-forum.
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Ah... damn.

NM

Video not upgradeable
        Document ID: 98081147
        Posted Date: 11/02/04
        Last Updated: 11/10/04
        Operating System: N/A
        Category: Display
        Distribution: Public
        Applicable Models: Portege All
        Satellite All
        Satellite Pro All
        Tecra All

Use of any software made available for download from this system constitutes your acceptance of the Export Control Terms and the terms in the Toshiba end-user license agreement both of which you can view before downloading any such software.

Information

The video subsystem in Toshiba notebook computers is an integral part of the overall design of the computer. As is the case with most notebook computers designs, it's not possible to upgrade the video subsystem or to add memory to it -- as may typically be done with large desktop computers containing PCI and AGP expansion slots.

Small size is a key design requirement for notebook computers. Toshiba uses many special design techniques to reduce the size and power requirements of the various subsystems, including video, audio, modems and wireless network adapters. Space-saving 'daughter cards' with special small connectors are used whenever possible. This opens up more options to Toshiba's design engineers for combining the various parts in ways that keep the overall size of the computer as small as possible, while optimizing airflow to keep the computer running cool.

Comment

You can still come over and play it at my house.
          First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
          Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
          X