No announcement yet.

GOG, Good Old Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't say about Vista, but I have been able to run System Shock II and Fallout under Windows XP.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      Descent
      Agreed That was a damn good game. I was the only one I knew who could play it, all others just felt dizzy and couldn't understand how I knew where to go.
      be free

Comment

Good news. Interplay are currently developing Descent 4.

be free

Comment

I now have Secret of Mana on the Wii through Virtual Console. Likewise Dragon's Curse (Wonder Boy III, renamed), Super Mario 64, Ys 1 and 2, and Super Metroid.

On DOSBox for the PC, I have TIE Fighter CD up and running (with a lot of help from a SW freak friend), flight yoke and all. The only problem is I can't get it to run with any sound.

I have Lemmings, Möbius, and Beneath a Steel Sky running.

I have Ultima Underworlds 1 and 2 on the disk but can't get them running.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Oh, I also got the original Civilization running on DOSBox. I'm going to try to beat my all-time high score of 286%, which I got back in 1995.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Alin, I have tried to play Beneath a Steel Sky, but I don't understand it, the interface is a bit weird. I love adventure games, but I just couldn't get the feel of this one.

Also, are the puzzles hard? I had a really troublesome time with that game.. frustrating
              be free

Comment

The game does have a bit of "click on just the right pixel or you won't get the right result" syndrome at times. But by and large it was a lighthearted take on the "1984 Big Brother" type of story of a future dystopian society.

The Anchor travel shop was awesome, I couldn't believe they let the banner ad stay in the game.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Beneath a Steel Sky was great - one of the earliest graphical adventure games with a strong story.

Comment

Conquest of the New World is the only one there that interests me. But I still got my original CD so...... meh.

Comment

BUBBLE BOPPLE!!!!1111eleven1111!!!

(for Wii Virtual Console)

"lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Bubble Bobble, i think it is called... we once had the arcade machine for a party in our students home (and i played through it on the C64 with a buddy, back in the day - still have the tune in my head).

JA2 - Well, ´Unfinished business´ is not anywhere as good as the original JA2 - it´s very linear and if you played the original, the voices of the mercs are different as well (at least in the german version), which kills quite a deal of atmosphere. It would range somewhere in the 60´s (out of 100) for me.

For Zaxxon or Archon, i would recommend any c64-emulator, like CCS64 for example. They run quite hassle-free in my experience.

Comment

Bubble Bobble, a great game.
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia View Post
                            I now have Secret of Mana on the Wii through Virtual Console. Likewise Dragon's Curse (Wonder Boy III, renamed), Super Mario 64, Ys 1 and 2, and Super Metroid.

On DOSBox for the PC, I have TIE Fighter CD up and running (with a lot of help from a SW freak friend), flight yoke and all. The only problem is I can't get it to run with any sound.

I have Lemmings, Möbius, and Beneath a Steel Sky running.

I have Ultima Underworlds 1 and 2 on the disk but can't get them running.
                            Does the virtual console have the speedup function that the SNES emulators have?

Comment

Not that I've found, no.
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I also have TIE Fighter CD running with sound now on DOSBox. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
                                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                                X