• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halo is a good game, both SP and MP.

Gears and CoD are better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Seedle

As for my ability as a player, I'm decent. Not going professional ever, but I can hold my own in CoD 4 MP (which I really, really like.) I was indeed horrible at Gears, and that is the main reason I dislike it, but I KNOW this, and that is why I understand why other people like it. If my suckitude were my issue with Halo, I wouldn't be taking it out on the game. But my suckitude isn't the problem, the problem is that Halo is vastly over-rated, particularly as a one-player game.
      Well, when I play Halo it is always with other people. Coop campaign, or online multiplayer, and I have a blast with it. I prefer a more realistic FPS ala Call of Duty 4, but Halo is still a blast...more of a party/social FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        I presume it was Halo 2 you played online, Halo 1 launched before Xbox Live existed.
        Asher, it's me. I never ever buy any game on release anymore - I've been disappointed too many times(and console gaming reviews these days are so partisan, its quite embarrassing!).
        So no it was Halo I played on-line, and that helped me decide to not bother with live at home - i'm quite happy about that choice in hindsight

Comment

Did you play Halo online on the PC or something?

Halo 1 for Xbox did not have online multiplayer.

and console gaming reviews these days are so partisan, its quite embarrassing!).
          Yeah, PC gaming reviews are notoriously outstanding.

Ever read a Black & White or Spore review?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I find that metacritic usually offers a clear view as to whether a game is good or not - averaging out the biased reviews either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
              Did you play Halo online on the PC or something?

Halo 1 for Xbox did not have online multiplayer.

Yeah, PC gaming reviews are notoriously outstanding.

Ever read a Black & White or Spore review?
              My mistake I played Halo(on xbox) co-op which was great

But it was Unreal I tried the same session on my mates live-enabled xbox, the 'communication' with other players is what made me decide I didn't need that expereince in my daily life!! (We have talked about this though, and you informed me about using filters etc, which i didnt know at the time.)

And yes PC reviews can be pretty bad too, but i'm thinking specificaly about the slew of console specific magazines and review sites that almost never give anything less than 70%. I think most of us know what i'm talking about.

Actualy I imagine they are written and edited by people like yourself! unable to say anything objective OR critical about XXX(pick favoured console), even when it is warrented.

I go the opposite way, in that I find it hard NOT to criticise, so not perfect either - but atleast I'm not in the business to waste someones hard earned money(I'll save them plenty!!)

And Dr.Spike is correct about the merits of metacritic, although it pays to actually go through and read the reviews(industry+player) to see what the real average is for a particular game imho.

Comment

Working...
              X