And so it begins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins...

It looks like the first addon for Spore will arrive very soon indeed. Called the Spore Cute & Creepy Parts Pack has a retail price of $19.99 and will be available on the 18th of November.

Among other sources. Spore's first expansion pack: Spore Cute & Creepy Parts Pack, $19.99, November 18th.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

November 18th? A bit too ealy for my taste, sounds like a stuff pack kinda expansion pack like in The Sims 2, only adds a bit of stuff, but no gameplay changing features
    I had hoped the first expansion pack would focus on a certain phase (like tribe or civilization) to make it more advanced (those who like the simple tribe or civilization phase should just avoid buying this expansion pack, or just disable it ingame in case the expansion pack includes other stuff too)
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
      I had hoped the first expansion pack would focus on a certain phase (like tribe or civilization)
      Yeah, I did too. And I do think the Civilization phase has a lot of potential: graft in a tech tree, scatter a bunch of weapons, armor levels, and facilities throughout the tech tree, and coupled with the already-in-place ability to customize your own vehicles, and you've got a great game IMO! Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what kind of expansions Maxis comes out with that are geared to specific phases of the game, and what avenues they take with these phases, as well as how deeply they flesh each one out.

those who like the simple tribe or civilization phase should just avoid buying this expansion pack
      Seconded.

D

Comment

SPORE: Nightlife, just announced.

"Now your creatures can go on dates, buy each other chocolates, and "Woohoo" untill the cows come home!" Only 39.95!
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

We need a "hangs self" smiley.

Comment

perhaps may be an acceptable alternative?
            First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
            Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Comment

Re: And so it begins...

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                Spore's first expansion pack : Spore Cute & Creepy Parts Pack , $19.99 , November 18th.
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

**** You Maxis.

Goodbye Forever. You will not be missed, your company is full of women and your games remind me of Richard Simmons.
                  be free

Comment

A tiny bit more news about the creepy and cute addon and the next addon:

CNET is the world's leader in tech product reviews, news, prices, videos, forums, how-tos and more.

C&C is just a stuff pack, adds a bit more than 100 new items for your creatures

They also mention a new expansion pack for early 2009, which will focus on the space phase

Comment

I feel a bit better now. Thank you.

Comment

C&C is just a stuff pack, adds a bit more than 100 new items for your creatures
                        Well, that's more or less what I assumed when I saw the name, and in this light, it makes no sense to me why this costs $20... An expansion with actual game content is going to cost what, $40, then? That's obscene.
                        Spore page

Comment

From Spore.com

Expand your creature creativity, with over 100 new Creepy & Cute items

With more than 100 new cute and creepy items at your disposal, you have even more power and flexibility to build the perfect creature. Create grotesque creatures with villainous mouths, tuberous eyes, and thorned plates, or go cuddly with big batting eyelashes, cute paws, and adorable details. You can mix and match 60 new parts in all for truly unique looks. Then apply one of 48 new paint styles, and bring it all to life with 24 new animations. And don't forget to publish your new cute and creepy creatures to share them with the world!

Requires Spore or Spore Creature Creator to play.

Comment

sounds delightfully revolting
                            "

Comment

So can people without the x-pack get/encounter creatures made with the new parts?
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X