No announcement yet.

Kotor MMO? Worst kept secret in gaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kotor MMO? Worst kept secret in gaming?

From Computer and Videogames Magazine:

KOTOR MMO to be revealed soon
    Friday 3-Oct-2008 4:41 PM BioWare's online Star Wars game to be unveiled in a matter of weeks

BioWare's Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic MMO game is set to be 'officially' unveiled later this month, CVG has learnt.

The long-awaited online Star Wars - perhaps the games industry's worst kept secret - is being developed by BioWare Austin, which has been tinkering away behind the scenes on the title for over two years.

Officially the company hasn't admitted to any sort of Star Wars link with its MMO, but EA boss John Riccitiello let slip earlier this year that the RPG developer was in fact working on the online KOTOR, claiming that it is "quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry."

But it looks like the game won't (officially at least) be a secret for long. LucasArts and BioWare look set to lift the lid on a KOTOR MMO within the next 30 days.

Backing up all this is the strongest confirmation yet (other than EA's boss saying it's in the works, of course) from UK newspaper, The Daily Star, of all places.

A column that appeared last Saturday reports that the rag is soon off to San Francisco to "file an exclusive report on the game", after stating that BioWare is working on "a MMO of Knights of the Old Republic".

Look for more in the coming weeks then.
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

I'm pretty sure the "unveiling" means more than telling us it exists.

Comment

MMO

I really wish they would fix the cocked-up ending for KOTOR II. It was clearly rushed and not finished properly.

Just give us KOTOR III.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

My kids said KOTOR I was better than KOTOR II.

Confirm or deny?
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
          My kids said KOTOR I was better than KOTOR II.

Confirm or deny?
          I thought KOTOR II had better plot, controls and atmospherics. But the ending is nerfed--it makes no sense because they rushed it out the door and didn't complete some cutscenes that were rather crucial to the finale. It is also a bit slower to start than KOTOR I.

KOTOR I had fantastic endings, for each of the path followed. Especially the Dark Side ending
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I agree KotOR2 had a bad ending, but I also think that the overall plot was weaker than the first game. The fighting was slightly better though.

Comment

I thought KOTOR II's plot was positively Shakespearian, while KOTOR I was more standard RPG fare.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

KOTOR II had better character customization.

Comment

I wish they'd left in KOTOR I what I call the bi-polar ending (spoiler alert!):

If you romanced Carth as a Female Revan, and then chose DS at the temple, he shows up at the very end to try and sawy you back to the Light. But even if you do go back to the light, the two of you end up dying together as the Star Forge disintegrates.

Tragic -and- romantic, excellent
                  But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                  PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Forget Starwars. Finish the Mass Effect trilogy on the 360.
                    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

They're working on it...

Comment

I'm looking forward to Mass Effect 2 as well.

Comment

Agree with Boris re KOTOR I and II... I was an excellent game, but as I approached the ending of II, I thought, "Wow, they managed to top the original." And then it all fell the **** apart.

Also looking forward to the next Mass Effect; I was very pleasant surprised by the original.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                            Agree with Boris re KOTOR I and II... I was an excellent game, but as I approached the ending of II, I thought, "Wow, they managed to top the original." And then it all fell the **** apart.

Also looking forward to the next Mass Effect; I was very pleasant surprised by the original.
                            So, as a person who liked kotor 1, is kotor 2 worth 20 used at the local gamestop?
                            Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X