Favorite Fallout Character Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Fallout Character Build

I was going to play Fallout 1&2 again but am having a fit trying to decide how to play. I've played so far as a dumb brute, although I didn't finish that game, and a sniper type character. What have you guys played as and enjoyed?

Gifted, Bloody Mess

Average Strength and Endurance.

9 or 10 Intelligence to balance the skill loss of Gifted.

Above average for the others.

Small arms (for sniping), Speech, and then whatever I like (doctor was my most recent choice).

This only really works for 2 where you can do the Navarro run, which buffs the Strength, and makes health less essential.

I think that the power armor makes the early-mid game more fun. It relieves you of the pressure to be perfect, and allows more sandboxing. Which is a lot of the fun of Fallout.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Everything you need to know about character creation:

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

A ****ing bloody mess brawler is the way to go baby!
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I tried to play fallout 2, but it was terrible. Hopefully, fallout 3 will be better.
          Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

flash, did you play the original?

The engine is awfully dated, and I'm also looking forward to 3.

Comment

I've just played Fallout 1, and I always end up with a Mad Max type char, anything else seems unlikely to cut it in the scenario? So weapons skills, first aid stuff, higher physical stats, less brain. something like that.
              Pretty dull as it is what most people do I suspect, but could you really imagine some kind of geek surviving 10mins outside of the vault?

I'm not looking forward to Fallout 3 as much as others are

Comment

More brains lets you get higher skill stats for your weapon skills. And since small guns don't need strength, you can get by with limited physical stats.

Anybody play much Arcanum?

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
                  flash, did you play the original?

The engine is awfully dated, and I'm also looking forward to 3.
                  I played two. Couldn't get past the outdated graphics, so I quit pretty early in the game.
                  Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Working...
                  X