Rock Band 2 and GH: World Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Band 2 and GH: World Tour

So RB2 has fired the first shots, and is getting lots of glowing reviews. The setlists are confirmed for both games now (best to use youtube as people have put together compilations) and looks pretty tight to me, with both being strong and maybe RB2 edging it.

In terms of release though RB2 not certain to come to the UK this year (because they screwed up RB1 release basically) but GH: WT is. I'm quite keen to try drumming, though both games are pretty expensive.

Which one are people getting?

I ordered RB2 on Amazon. I prefer to buy games at Brick and Mortar locations, but Quebec isnt getting any copies for a while because of translation issues.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I want to get the RB2 drums. I don't have RB1 and I don't want to buy those POS drums...no one has it on stock 'round here yet (the drums).

Then I'll get the game.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

A friend of mine just got the (regular, not the $300 Ion set) Rock Band 2 drums. They seem pretty nice. The heads remind me more of real drum heads and don't make quite as much noise when struck, plus it's wireless.
        Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

I'm having a good bit of fun with the game. My brother mostly plays drums, I play guitar. He's broken the drumset in 3 different ways, but each time he fixes it its stronger and better than before.

Comment

I see the bundle comes out Oct 22nd. I'll just wait for that.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It's good the new equipment has such wide compatibility. With RB as well there are three games worth of setlists, which is more than enough for all but the most die-hard rhythm game fan.

I have one guitar from GH3 - so will be looking to get a drumset, second guitar and a mike, though I don't see myself singing much or needing two guitars that often so might just start with a drumset.

I think it will boil down to how good the bundles are compared to individual game/equipment. We got royally shafted here on RB so I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

If you have Xbox360 with the headset, the headset will work as a mic, just not a very good one.

Rock Band 2 is only really an expansion pack though. You can pay to get all the songs playable from 1 disc, basically, and it only adds a few minor things other than 80 new songs.

Comment

Yeah, but 80 new songs for $60, much better than the usual DLC price. Plus, the new flexible world tour options are a huge bonus, not to mention the online world tour...
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

And drums that don't break.

Comment

Just picked up the Rock Band 2 Special Edition (the bundle with all the new instruments).

Comment

Both games set for November UK release now. No prices confirmed.

I still think I'll get one as long as they don't shaft us too hard on the prices compared to the US.

Comment

Yes! Asher, you and I shall rock the **** out!

The drums are my favorite, and by far my best instrument, but I'll play anything.
                          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I'm so terrible yet. Maybe in a few weeks..

Comment

That doesn't usually stop you playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X