Spore Creatures DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spore Creatures DS

Having long derided this forum, here I am posting in it. So sue me.

My son wanted Spore, but I took one look at the DRM and said no way - honestly I'm surprised anyone would buy something that becomes useless after the third install. So then he switched gears and said he wants the DS version. Hmph.

So does anyone have Spore Creatures DS? Any thoughts? Should I let him waste "his" money (obviously the source of the money was me, so I hate seeing it wasted).
    "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
    "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
    "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

The reviews I read have not been encouraging, 60-70% ratings mostly. They all mention how linear the character creation is, and apparently there is no "free creation" mode. Just some mission mode where you create a creature that can complete the level or some lame **** thrown together for the DS. I'm not gonna bother with it anyway. There are far better games I haven't played yet.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

He's only nine, so 60-70% games usually are ok with him. Anyway, he went and bought it (thanks to Mom) before I could provide feedback.

Seems to be enjoying it except for some part that frustrated him for a couple hours until he learned to lure one enemy at a time so they wouldn't all attack him at once. I told him he needed to learn strategy and tactics.
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
        The reviews I read have not been encouraging, 60-70% ratings mostly. They all mention how linear the character creation is, and apparently there is no "free creation" mode. Just some mission mode where you create a creature that can complete the level or some lame **** thrown together for the DS. I'm not gonna bother with it anyway. There are far better games I haven't played yet.

Hmmm I was thinking about getting it but now I don't know, maybe I'll wait a while longer.
        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

I bought it as another thing to occupy my time in Iraq. It's really not that bad of a game. The mission mode is pretty linear though. Character creation isn't really that linear and there is usually only one piece that you must have to complete a mission. Otherwise, you can just load up on different things to make the creature pretty unique. I also doubt that there will be much if any replay value.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Nevermind, this game is too short.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Shoulda gotten GRID, been playing it all day. Best racing sim on the DS (admittedly that's not saying much, but still a great game).
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Working...
              X