I have found Ned Flanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have found Ned Flanders

He hates Spore... not because of the gameplay, but because of evolution. What surprises me is that it took this long before a site like this popped up

Damn this is fun read... too good to be true
    This space is empty... or is it?

Asher should check him out. He's obsessed with Ned Flanders.

This guy can't be serious, can he?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Wait... I haven't read much of that link, but wouldn't you say actually that the game promotes intelligent design? I mean... You do design your creatures (and despite what folks like DrSpike might say, I submit most players of Spore are at least somewhat intelligent), it's just you do so in an iterative way.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Yeah, I am a fundamentalist Christian, (same faith as this guy) and I think his views are a little crazy. The only evolution in the game is the provable micro-evolution (i.e. if one creature dies, you try to remake him so he won't die next time, in real life that's why white moths survive better in a birch forest than black ones, and vice versa in industrialized cities)
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by vovan
          Wait... I haven't read much of that link, but wouldn't you say actually that the game promotes intelligent design?
          I'd say. This game is not about evolution, but about designing creatures... whether it's intelligent design or not, that's besides the point

If anything, it's the atheists who should complain about this game promoting ID... but then Will Wright has said in an interview that he's actually an atheist himself

Comment

Silly bolchevik pigdogs, spreading their atheistic propaganda against commonsense trinity belief.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oh wow... This guy even thought that Jack Thompson would help his cause...

For the, perhaps, 3 people in the gaming world who do not know who Jack Thompson is, he is a supposedly Christian laywer, who is the laughing stock of the Gaming industry, the laughing stock of the US legal system, and the only reason he's not the laughing stock of the Christian community is, well, most Christians don't want to associate with him in any way. Oh, and he was dis-barred for basically lying to promote his agenda.

Anywho... This guy obviously doesn't realise that Spore is actually surprisingly on-the-fence about evolution mostly. As Adigo said, it can be used by both sides of the debate to promote their agendas

For the record, I am a Christian, but I do hold the belief that just because one side is right, it doesn't actually mean the other side is wrong. It's too late to explain right now, and I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum, for it anyway, but if any one wants a better explanation, I'll be happy to provide it.

EDIT: Irony after Irony... Guess what I was presented with for the "While you wait" quote for this post...
              One-Shot Case Study, n.:
              The scientific equivalent of the four-leaf clover, from which it is concluded all clovers possess four leaves and are sometimes green.
              Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
              "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

The guy's a wanker. Ignore it and it'll go away. Stare at it and you only feed the beast.

Comment

Seems like my initial thoughts about this was correct... well almost correct. I thought this might have been some clever advertising scheme from Maxis (it still might be, but we don't know for sure)

From the newest news item on his blog

“21. The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: “Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never gonna give you up. 22. “Never gonna let you down.” 23.”Never gonna run around and desert you.” 24. “Never gonna make you cry.” 25. “Never gonna say goodbye.” 26. “Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.” 27.”Never truly believe anything you read on the Internet. There will always be cases of Poe’s Law.

The best part is that people still don't get it

On the other hand it would have been a lot funnier if this was actually a real Ned Flanders

Comment

Working...
                  X