The gameplay sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The gameplay sucks

I know, I know, Spore is not really a game as much as it is a tool to create. Having said that, one must play the game in order to use the creations of themselves and others and it is my opinion that this is where Spore fails miserably. Granted, I'm only in the tribal phase but I can't bring myself to actually sit down and play for any length of time.

Will Wright obviously lost the plot as far as designing an actual game a long time ago, but he took it to a new level this time. I'm almost certain I won't be buying the game. I will play it to the space phase to see if that changes my opinion, but at this point I can't see myself ever wanting to play through the other phases again.

A LOT of the game was cut to sell in XP's later.

An entire phase between cell and creature was removed (Water Phase).

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
      A LOT of the game was cut to sell in XP's later.
      Or never developed beyond the initial stages, again with the intent to flesh it out later with XP'$.

Question: isn't this the comany which Soren went to? If so any news on what he's going to be doing there?

D

Comment

Last I heard, Soren will be "Gettin' PAID!"
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Soren fleshed out Civ and Space phases I believe. When he went over, WW only had very rudimentary phases for those two. So while WW concentrated on the first three (four if you count water) phases and Soren the last two.

Comment

Hummm... actually, having thought about it, the Space stage does actually reek of Soren.. I wondered why it was so similar to Civ4 (at least in terms of how the AI likes to behave)
            Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
            "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

The AI in this game is quite bad, and the first phases has next to no replay value. But the space phase has an addictive feel to it.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The space phase is loads of fun if you use the cheats system to top up your bank account

Seriously, I do actually recommend you do that, because it makes the rest of the Space game so much easier, since you don't have to go back and forth all the time just to earn enough cash to do anything. You can actually spend your time doing other things. Like making the sky purple on every planet you visit... or flying through black holes to appear on the other side of the universe.
                Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
                "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

In the case of small blobs swimming in water, shouldn't the proper term be AS (Artificial Stupidity)?
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I've played through most of the game, and am now in the space age. And I must say that the only age I found funny was the creature age, where you come face-to face with the ugly bastards in close combat. Space, I don't know yet, but it has been quite boring so far.
                    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                    X