No announcement yet.

Society VIII: Quest for Perfection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seemed kind of unbalanced to have 2x taxes and trade with 1/2 science. Maybe 1.5 like Monarchy would be better? or 2x with double military cost compared to republic?
    "

Comment

Whatever it is, it'd have to be a LOT better than republic.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Okay

Technocracy - Available with Space Flight
        Double tax, trade, (full wonder income/turn)
        1/2 Research Cost
        Army support cost = 1.5 * army size
        "

Comment

Ha ha. Perhaps open to discussion in the future, but not for this game...

I don't really think it's necessary... But as I say, up for discussion after the game. Thank you for thinking though.

-DC.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Fascism - Available with Mass Education
            No taxes/trade
            Income per turn = # of Armies
            1/2 Army Cost
            "

Comment

Hey, I know, we can make the game less complicated.
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

We could, but the complicatedness is what makes it fun. Personally, I think it is a brilliant idea.
                "

Comment

Agreed. Smiley should be commended on an excellent idea.

THe idea of adding a late game government might be interesting in theory, but as Theben points out, in practice it is highly unlikely it would ever be used....unless there is no penalty for revolting, the current penalty is much too high to want to do it too often (which is a good thing in my opinion). In the last game I was racing for Republic as my singular goal (well, along with staying alive of course) as the higher income alone can help to ensure victory....though republic is obviously not a necessity to winning, it does help greatly.

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Oh, yes. The game thread is here:

(It started 3 days ago).
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                    X