Beyond Good & Evil *spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Good & Evil *spoilers*

Finally got round to playing (and finishing) the game. Very immersive and it has touching moments, which is the first time I get to say that about a game. I think they could just as well made a movie of it and it wouldn't have been dull to watch. Ok, the story features lots of clichés, but that's easily forgiven due to the compelling characters and the settings. Excellent choice of music.

Lots of cliffhangers as well... So was Jade/Shauni really then? I'm guessing Shauni was a DomZ and maybe the High Priestess as well. What happened to her after she defeated the High Priest? Consider the DomZ were searching Shauni for centuries while Jade was only 20 years old. How did Shauni get transferred to Jade? Who was Pey'j really if he somehow became caretaker of Shauni? Who were Jade's parents really? And consider the title of the game. The DomZ are superficially the bad ones, but maybe they wouldn't have been so bad if Shauni hadn't been taken away (which lead to the hunt and presumably the High Priest's hunger for sacrifices)? Shauni/Jade is one of the good ones, yet she seemed to have planted a DomZ spore inside Pey'j...

It's almost a shame there's a sequel underway and mysteries may get resolved.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

This is an adventure right? On the same lines as Grim Fandango? or?
    be free

Comment

Metacritic aggregates music, game, tv, and movie reviews from the leading critics. Only Metacritic.com uses METASCORES, which let you know at a glance how each item was reviewed.

No, more like an action adventure like the last Indiana Jones(prior to the last movie) game.
      A Platform/Puzzler is probably a better description. It is a great game though, lots of character and quite a challange(I found). One of the console games I decided to keep

Comment

It reminds me of Little Big Adventure. Lots of endearing characters and imaginative settings.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Highly recommended.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
          X