No announcement yet.

What are the real system requirements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the real system requirements?

I am thinking about picking this up, foolishly. What are the real system requirements?

My computers aren't all that strong.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Recommended specs are

P4 2.0 GHz
    512 MB RAM (768 if Vista)
    6 GB or more HDD
    128 MB GPU with PixelShader 2.0
    Internet
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oh and 1 soul...
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

The 768 MB requirement for Vista is, let's say, extraordinarily optimistic. Vista itself is fairly slow when running with less than 1GB of RAM (and you want more than that anyway), I can't imagine Spore on Vista being smooth at 768 MB.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
          The 768 MB requirement for Vista is, let's say, extraordinarily optimistic. Vista itself is fairly slow when running with less than 1GB of RAM (and you want more than that anyway), I can't imagine Spore on Vista being smooth at 768 MB.
          Actually it's about right if you only use Home Basic.

Any of the versions that use Aero need a hell of a lot more (on top of the V-RAM)
          Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
          "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

I got myself a new desktop a few days ago, so I'm enjoying this beast in full detail with no hickups whatsoever.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
            X