SporeGroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SporeGroup

So what shape should a CivGroup for Spore take? As the only multiplayer capability this game seems to have is merely sharing creations - maybe this is a dumb question - should the CivGroup be limited to Creature Creation (plus whatever other content you can upload for sharing)?

Also, methinks using the blue "o" in "Spore" with the white swirl inside would make the clearest symbol for the CivGroup. The mirrored blue-on-white version just strikes me as back-asswards and ugly. Do not want.

Edit: This post confused me upon rereading it. My original meaning was the stylized letter "O" you see in some instances of the "Spore" title. With a white background, the letters are blue and the "O" is instead a solid blue circle with its center removed in the shape of a galaxy, revealing the white background. This was what I originally meant. I've seen a reversed version of this that just annoys me. What I've done a few posts below is a bit different from my original meaning. In the version I prefer, the letters are still blue on a white background, but the letter "O" has been removed due to space considerations (15x19 pixels? Really? Jeez...) and a blue galaxy is used (instead of a white cutout from a solid blue circle). The other version is exactly opposite of this.
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; September 5, 2008, 07:04.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

I love to see the white on blue standard galaxy swirl.

Comment

Could just put the EADM logo with float-over caption "release your soul here"
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Nevermind. I just shrank the white-on-blue (downloaded the 400MB fansite kit and found one) down to the 19 pixel size of the other CivGroup flags and it looks terrible.

I'll play with the cell-stage glyphics to see if one of them would work better...

Comment

Ok, that was annoying so I went ahead and just made a pair of flags. Dimensions are 15x19 just like most of the other CivGroup flags. I've made a blue-on-white (still my favored) and its reverse white-on-blue.

BoW

WoB

I guess it depends on what forum style you're using that decides which looks better. I've been using Moo3 for years and the BoW version looks better to me, while the spiral and letters pop out more in the WoB version. I would have added a one pixel black border, but there just isn't enough room in a 15x19 pixel space.

Note: It might just be my browser, but both of those flags are showing the "S" and "E" letters sitting on the bottom. I redid both by raising them up one pixel to make them look better. Photobucket shows the updated versions as being loaded, but Apolyton isn't. My cache may be the culprit as I started this post, previewed it and noticed the letters touching the edges and look not their best, hence the redone versions. Hopefully y'all can see the newer versions...

Edit: Just so it is exactly clear which is which: Blue galaxy/lettering on White background (BoW) vs. White galaxy/lettering on Blue background (WoB), though the picture files themselves are already labeled as such.
          Last edited by DRoseDARs; September 5, 2008, 06:51.

Comment

I like BoW.

Comment

Great job, BoW looks good to me too
              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Originally posted by Dale
                I like BoW.

btw it might be a little premature, but is there any consideration being given to setting up Spore in its own subforum?

Comment

We need to triple the traffic first.

Comment

Originally posted by Metaliturtle
                    We need to triple the traffic first.
                    Earlier today I noted that there were 4.5 million uploads to the Spore website. Just now I checked and there are about 5.3 million uploads to the Spore website (these are uploads to the site, not hits): this is a huge increase in such a short time! Sunday the game is released to the US in general, meaning that traffic at the Spore website will increase exponentially. Personally speaking, I believe the Spore server could be overloaded Sunday (just as 'poly was in December '01 when C3 came out, and Stardock was overloaded when Galciv2 came out). I think it would be to 'poly's advantage to be in a position to mirror Spore's website in case this does happen, so that we then become a logical choice for any refugees that come our way.

D

Comment

Well its released in Asia now, so it's about to explode.
                      be free

Comment

As requested, a Will-Wright-Pees-On-You flag.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I've request a Spore Civgroup be setup using the below icon.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X