Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warhammer Online Sept.18 (the obligatory thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer Online Sept.18 (the obligatory thread)

Yahoo!!! Anyone playing? planning on playing, even care about mmo's anymore? etc etc..

The entertainment just doesn't end. 'Round and 'round we go and all that good stuff.

As I bow my head in shame I mutter "i'm planning on playing".
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Even though I don't play computer games anymore, I was kind of excited to hear about this game for two reasons: 1) I've always wanted to play warhammer (the table top game) but have never had an opportunity and 2) It's being made by the same people who made Dark Age of Camelot which was, in it's time (before all the expansion packs) one of my all time favorite games, and a game I still think of with fond nostalgia.

I looked at the game's website a while back, however, and wasn't terribly impressed. It didn't strike me as having the depth and atmosphere that made DAoC so great, and neither did it seem to be doing anything new or creative. It seems like it's just another MMOG to me, with lots of razzle-dazzle but little substance. The character classes, for instance, are all so cool that they end up being really stupid. It's like having three choices: Pirate, Ninja, Cowboy. Yeah, sure it might sound great, but when you actually populate the world with nothing but gimicky cliches, it kills the fun, unless there is no pretense of having a serious game world.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
    X