Biome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biome

I've been playing around with this creator prototype and it's neat! My red guys eat the green guys only to then be eaten by blue guys!

Check it out here!

I promise it's not a Rickroll this time...
    First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
    Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

The WLife files are interesting. Simulate star formation, heat zones, and the spread of life all in a rotating galaxy.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

The WLife3test.txt has me entertained. The max number of viable rings you can have is 75 (for whatever reason, the rings beyond that get screwed up) and the max number of cells the outermost ring can have is 256 (gee, doesn't THAT number look familiar?). Setting the innermost speed at 100 and the outermost at 1, I can get some pretty decent-looking spiral galaxies to form. As far as life, I'm not sure what the three colors were meant to represent, but green will spread slowly in spirals, occasionally a yellow will crop up in fringe areas of green and linger for a while without spreading, and when blue evolves it spreads like a plague across the entire galaxy, both in the arms and the voids between them. To me it seems green is pre-spacefaring and blue is spacefaring. I notice that once blue is on the scene, green still pops up only to turn blue moments later, perhaps uplifted by blue perhaps extinguished by blue.

Comment

Plague was exactly what I thought when I saw the blue spread out.
        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

I notice that once blue is on the scene, green still pops up only to turn blue moments later, perhaps uplifted by blue perhaps extinguished by blue.
          Very creepy.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Wiggaslug = Blue

Comment

When does life start in WLife3test.txt? All I see is a bunch of white stars.
              It's a CB.
              --
              SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

I usually get tired of waiting, so I trigger it myself. I don't read code, but the .txt file looks like it should itself trigger life at a certain threshold or something.

Comment

Working...
                X