No announcement yet.

Favorite Free Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We also have a whole host of rogue-u-likes that are free, there was a thread around here for just those at one point.
    Really? Does anyone know about that link?
    What do you think about the "Dwarven Fortress" game. I haven't downloaded it because it looks odd, but it seems to have received good reviews?

Still, it seems more like a generator to watch than a game... how do you control the dwarves?
    ---
    O Game was a great deal of fun.
    Last edited by DarkCloud; August 5, 2008, 20:56.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Ah, I think I found the threads:

Dwarf Fortress: http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...ight=roguelike

And was this the thread you were talking about:

Harovan had an amusing comment on Colonization in that thread

Ah, another good thread!
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I had to search a bit, but this is what I found:

Ogame First Thread on Apolyton?

Not sure if it actually was the first Apolyton Thread, but it was the one that got me (and Spaced too I believe) hooked on the game originally.

I still have accounts on Universe's 4, 8 & 19, but haven't played in a long time. I just log on every once in awhile to keep my account active (and see if Spaced is still #1 in Universe 19...he has been for a long time now).

Great game and one that I enjoyed very much, but glad I quit playing as it was a game that involved planning my life around the arrival of my fleet which probably wasn't such a good thing

/me
        "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

but glad I quit playing as it was a game that involved planning my life around the arrival of my fleet which probably wasn't such a good thing
          I can certainly echo those statements. When I started to get nervous about logging online to upgrade my planetary empire, I realized the time had come to cease and desist.
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

"Another note of caution:

a friend pointed me to this game and he has been giving himself forced de-tox from the game as it was taking over his real life(he was planning sleeping/eating around his game time! and being very efficient about it). So i guess if this is the kind of game you may like, then be prepared to loose jobs/spouses over it, maybe."

@Sparrowhawk+DarkCloud, I did warn people about it at the time!
            And those links all seem to be the ones I was remembering

Dwarf fortress is one I did download but has ended up on a semi-permanent to-play list, the threads about it were interesting reading mind you. Maybe one day as not many new paid for games are that interesting to me(Spore?).

Comment

El_Cid = Child of Thor?

If so, then yes, I guess it was you that started the thread lol.

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Yes he came out recently (I had long suspected), but I have to say that I vastly preferred the old persona.

Comment

Working...
                X