Europa Universalis III Cheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europa Universalis III Cheats

...I;ve seen the lists of cheats that state you need to press some very odd key + ALT+ 21 to enable the cheat dialogue in EU III.

However, I can't find that particular key on my keyboard, and pressing ALT+ 2+ 1 does not enable any dialogue.

Is there any other way to get into the cheat dialogue?

---
    Also, this may be a video card thing, since my comp doesn't meet the reqs, but even at the fastest speed, EU III plays much slower than EUI- its fastest speed is like EUI's slowest. If I upgrade my video card, will the game run quicker? Currently, it takes about 1-3 seconds per day on the fastest speed.

thanks,
    DC
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

The button you must click is the § on my keyboard, but if you don't have an European keyboard it's alt +21 or something.

What is your specs? The video card is important, so you probably would profit on getting a new one, but RAM is also very important in PI games. It sounds like you are in the lower end though. But if you only have EU3 vanilla, I recommend you to get at least the first XP, Napoleon's Ambition. It made the game several times faster on my comp. Since the EU3 engine was brand new, PI has got much improvement on speed later.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Alas, but I do not have a European keyboard.

I have 1GB of RAM and am running a Vista (shudders) on a Laptop.
      My video card, is onboard. I would assume 32MB rather than the 128 EUIII requires.

Alt+21 doesn't appear to work... There is no key "21", and pressing 2 then one or two and one simultaneously does not appear to work.

Thanks for the reply,
      DC.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You'd profit a great deal by getting 2 GB. But the most important improvement would be to get a dedicated card. Any dedicated card newer than five years have the required Pixelshader 2.0, and a lower end card of today is more than enough. But integrated graphics, while being sufficient in most cases to run the game, is a big nono really.

As for the cheats, try this:

Cheat Codes: (Open console with § )
        To get § Press Alt + 2 1 (on num pad) (laptops alt + fn + 0167 )
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ah, I will have to try the ALT + function +0167... I hadn't seen that before. Thanks

-DC.

PS: In the interim I started playing Hearts of Iron II- I must say, that game is quite excellent.
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
            PS: In the interim I started playing Hearts of Iron II- I must say, that game is quite excellent.

Comment

So Harovan, what's the best you've done- I'll start a new thread on it so I don't threadjack myself.
              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Number pad is the key, by the way ... so for laptops this could be interesting, hopefully the function trick works

On a keyboard with a numberpad:

§

Hit alt + (numpad)2 1 and you should make that character in the textbox here... if you can do that you have the right button
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

‰ Grr baby, alt 11 is very grr ‰

♫ô and so forth.
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
                  X