Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38% of G-d!!!

Even I found that funny.

Will Wrights presentation in the EA press conf at E3 was a blast. I think this is gonna take the gaming world by storm. (Im not posting the video due to technical difficulties)
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

This one?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Good presentation!

Well, it took a lot more years than he thought, but his original "Sim World" theory is now a reality.

Comment

The Companion Cube!
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

I couldn't help thinking of the pee drawing, when I watched that video.

He totally peed on them

But I am still looking forward to the game, so I guess I got peed on too

Asmodean
          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I have no problem getting peed on like this. I just find this whole thing fascinating. My wife and I have made about ~20 creatures between us, and absolutely nothing we've done is in the same league as some of the things shown on that video. I can't wait for the whole product.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I like the trailer as well:

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Way cool! That's one of the best intros I've ever seen!

Comment

ShackNews published an excellent hands-on preview of the civilization and space phase based on their E3 experience. Sounds like they didn't forget to put in the game parts of this game.

About the civ phase:

And though the combat itself is certainly RTS-lite, there are enough things to keep you busy and interested outside of it. Keeping your economy rolling on, managing diplomacy and trade routes, designing sea and air units--all the basic trappings of an RTS game are on hand. I even noticed a message reading, "ICBM--Requires six cities." Oh, how I wanted six cities.

I never got there. Realizing I would need plenty of time to explore the stars, I cheated ahead to the galactic stage.

Space sounds like it'll play much like Star Trek: you're the command of one star ship and go around the galaxy conducting a wide variety of missions:

More missions involved scanning the plant life on one planet, or making contact with an alien civilization. Missions are easily tracked with a World of Warcraft-style window in the upper left corner, check marks appearing on the quests you have recently completed. Each completed mission moved me slowly outward from my home planet, my warp drive being upgraded occasionally. The ultimate goal of the galactic stage is to reach the center of the universe, though what happens at that point is a mystery.
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

The ultimate goal of the galactic stage is to reach the center of the universe, though what happens at that point is a mystery.
                    *Laughs*

Hopefully there are no supernovae going on there at the time ... and Spore lives in an expanding rather than a contracting universe.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

It's probably a god-like caricature of Will Wright ... that pees on you.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

It would be cool if it were a viable prize like "$10 off Spore: University"

and there would be some really fun promo words like.

"You've seen them in the sea, you've seen them on land, you've even seen them in space! Now it's time to see them... In College?"

Then Will Wright would indeed slap on his mortarboard and yes, his image would then pee on you.
                        First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                        Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Ten bucks says that the "ending" that happens in the center of the galaxy basically is you forming the same kind of rock-with-a-microbe-on-it that created your species.
                          It's a CB.
                          --
                          SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

Here's another Spore video:

CP 2008 - Presentación de Spore from Potencia2 on Vimeo.

One hour long, shows different phases of the game (creature, civilization and space). It does show some new things. At the beginning there's some guy speaking Spanish, but don't worry, the main speaker speaks English. Unfortunately the sound quality is pretty bad (not to mention the background noise) which makes it difficult to understand him some of the time
                            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                            X