PC related E3 news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC related E3 news

since the console stuff will go in the console wars thread.

This trailer was released just before e3, but is close enoughh.

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Most useless trailer ever?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
      Most useless trailer ever?
      Not if youre interested in the Total War series.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

It had absolutely nothing to do with the game though.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

some stuff on DragonAge from Bioware.

Comment

I love a good sea battle

After I moved from the modding effort with CTP2 here, I spent quite a lot of time helping over at pirates ahoy on the build mod project for the original pirates of the caribbean, so i'm quite easy to convince with a bit of wood vs wood boat combat

What about the game is not representative in that trailer Nikolai? I must admit since the Total War series started using secureRom copy protection, I sort of gave up following it. I guess this game is more than sea battles, is what you mean?

Still the trailer looked pretty good, and I know LotM will be impressed by them - not sure I want to spend out on all the hardware I most likely will need to run the game though(same for Fallout here too I suspect).

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

some stuff on DragonAge from Bioware.

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nice to have a PC game to look forward to.

Comment

What about the game is not representative in that trailer Nikolai?

It didn't show anything of the game, just some fancy animation movie set in the era of the game.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    Nice to have a PC game to look forward to.
                    Spikey, it looks like my computer will actually run Spore. I wont have an excuse to not get it.

Damn, its been so long since Ive been an early adopter.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Damn, its been so long since Ive been an early adopter.
                      You know if you break that pattern, there is about a 15% chance the universe will implode - it better be worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

What about the game is not representative in that trailer Nikolai?

It didn't show anything of the game, just some fancy animation movie set in the era of the game.
                        ok, I must admit I know nothing about the game

hmmm ok.............its going to be an rts!!!

"Empire: Total War is set in the eighteenth century, a turbulent period alive with global conflict, revolutionary fervour and technological advances. With themes such as the Industrial Revolution, America's struggle for independence, the struggle to control Eastern trade routes and the globalisation of war on land and sea, Empire: Total War is one of the richest and most dynamic PC RTS games of all time."

not sure about what i feel about that - so I guess they have got rid of the tbs layer altogether now(my favourite bit!). If the game is good its an ok 'evolution' for the series, if not my cup of tea.

Ah no it's ok, they still have the tbs section

"....Along with the revolutionary introduction of naval combat, Empire: Total War sees further enhancements to the Total War series' signature 3D battles and turn-based campaign map...."

joy!

"Empire: Total War sees the debut of 3D naval combat in the Total War series. Command vast fleets or single ships on seascapes rich with extraordinary water and weather effects, all of which play a huge role in your eventual glorious success or ignominious defeat. After pummelling your enemy with cannon fire, close your ships to boarding range and then control your men as they fight hand to hand above and below decks."

could that what the trailer was showing? I certainly know it is technically possible.

Ok so it's sounding ok - now I need to check if they are going to use secureRom and risk borking my PC....

Comment

Working...
                        X