Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Has anyone played this sucka yet?

I'm a huge fan of the series and it was one of the reasons I even bought a PS2.

thanks
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Own it via the SO, neither of us have gotten around to playing it.

Reviews seem to be polarized. Frankly, it looks like a mess of nonsensical cutscenes that blind the fans of the series from seeing what a crap game it is.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

ouch, i have heard that the cutscenes can be a bit overly long winded. They were in all the games though.
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

The ratio of gameplay to cutscenes has gotten worse every game, in a time where most games have discovered the best way to tell the story is by letting the player interact with the story and not observe it for 60 minutes at a time.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Start saying VSO instead of SO, for very significant other. You're gay so start acting like it.

Comment

Yahtzee's review was the best.

Comment

oh boy

Comment

What a **** game.

I just played this through in 7.5 hours straight since I skipped all of the cutscenes after seeing the first one (which was cringe-worthy...).

And I finished the game.

Wow, owowow. Words cannot describe how overrated this game is.

Edit: Given how unpopular this thread was, I take it not a whole lot of other people were too blown away either.

Edit2:
                Last edited by Asher; August 30, 2008, 22:02.

Comment

I played it once. angry: Truly one of the worst things I have ever seen ever since Shark Week made me **** myself as a kid. Shark week has since reedemed myself and I watch it yearly. :thumpsuphere:I don't mind the fact that there's a ton of cutscenes and not much gameplay. I mind the fact that the cutscenes make no ****ing sense and are about some underage girl with no bra learning how to cook mother ****ing eggs and then there's this fruitbag talking about how the ridiculous octopus lizard camoflage thing you just murdered had such a bad childhood and how OH MY GOD there's a virus in you snake that's making you age fortunately there's FOXALIVE yes that's what it's called GO ASIA! THE MORE DIALOG THE BETTER! OH MY GOD THE ***** SHEMAN HAS WHITE BLOOD AND JUST FOUGHT WITH A VAMPIRE THAT CAN'T DIE! NERD ORGASM ALERT! NERD ORGASM ALERT!

Comment

For those who haven't played the game, Wiglaf isn't spouting randomness...all of which he speaks is in the game.

Including the little girl cooking eggs repeatedly?

Comment

LOL A SPECIAL OPS GUY HAS BOWEL CONTROL ISSUES! HE CRAPS HIMSELF LOLZORS! HE GOT NO NANO MACHINES! TAKE OFF YOUR PANTIES YOU MAY ONLY BE 12 BUT THIS IS JAPAN WOOHOO! TIME FOR ANOTHER INSTALLATION MOTHER****AKA!!!!!

Comment

The best part of the game was the awesome joke which came right after yet another installation phase between acts. It interrupts your gameplay to bring your a videocall from your distant lover:

"Hey Snake! It's OTOCON! I need you to insert DISC 2...oh wait, you don't have to! Because this is a PLAYSTATION 3(TM)(R) system with its patented Bluray(TM)(R) technology! Isn't the future great, what will they think of next!"

Comment

Tell me Otocon gets raped with one of those tentacle things? I didn't actually finish the game, I passed out in a pool of my own vomit piss when I got to the part when some character called Big Mama (wtf) acted all serious through a 55 minute powerpoint presentation she had prepared for some reason. Anyone who thinks this game is compelling has never read a book or had sex with a girl over the age of nine.

Comment

Don't know if he got raped by it, I skipped all the cutscenes.

Which made for interesting developments. I'm shooting some kind of big AT-AT clone and then I have to skip 9 cutscenes in a row (they need a SKIP ALL button) then all of the sudden there's this woman with 8 tentacles slapping at me. Once I kill her I skip 5 more cutscenes and then some kind of whore is in some skin-tight suit and starts grinding with me. The on-screen prompt indicates I need to shake the left stick -- I thought I'd grind her back but instead I push her away only so I can shoot at her again. Then she shatters like she was glass?

I think every act ended with the same slut-whore that did the same grinding that required you to shoot her.

So ****ed up. So Japan.

Comment

The fact you didn't watch any of the cutscenes possibly contributes to your not following the story.

But overall I have to say I've not been at all enticed by MGS4. I don't want to buy a PS3 though so every exclusive that doesn't capture my imagination just makes life easier.

Comment

Working...
                              X