Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think that comparison does your argument any good. Joking aside, from what I've seen of Spore it has more potential than the Sims.

Having said that, so does a half-opened tin of mouldy tuna fish, so maybe it doesn't mean much.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
      I don't think that comparison does your argument any good. Joking aside, from what I've seen of Spore it has more potential than the Sims.

Having said that, so does a half-opened tin of mouldy tuna fish, so maybe it doesn't mean much.
      I think Spore definitely looks more "gamey" than the Sims. As you imply, thats not a demanding target. Whether it can deliver as much fun to its audiences (and we continue to elide over how much fun The Sims is to its audience as a software toy)is another thing. Good omen, though, was clearly a reference to commercial success. If it half the commercial success that the Sims was and is, it will be huge, and may even drive some hardware upgrades.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

I have great admiration for todays young people. POTM and her classmate did a version of Word:Mastermind in Java for their end of year of project. I look forward to playing it. And some time after that, Spore
        I did a version of Pong in Pascal that looked really sweet

[/old fogey]
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• It had to happen

Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• That looks like quite an accurate and cutting critique of the gameplay.

Comment

• And one of the reasons I lose interest in mp online games very quickly.
              User made content is great for the individual, its just when you have to share that same content. What seems funny to one can be purile to another.
              It was the 'other people' that killed online console gaming for me(yes I didn't stick with it long enough to work out all the filter options).

I'd only ever play Spore as a single player game anyway(or Hotseat if it does that?).

Still treedickman aside Spore does still sound interesting to me.

Comment

• Pc gaming has been 'dying' for years and years now so they say. But year after year a whole series of top games are being released, and there have never been more people playing online too.

Dying? Nah
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

• Which top games were released?

If you say Crysis I'm going to kill you. Crysis is one of the problems with PC gaming, it requires astronomical specs to play...this is why consoles are so appealing.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Cid
                    I'd only ever play Spore as a single player game anyway(or Hotseat if it does that?).
                    No worries, it's single-player only. The online aspect consists of sharing creations, and those can be limited to people you know and trust.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Snuggles
                      Which top games were released?

If you say Crysis I'm going to kill you. Crysis is one of the problems with PC gaming, it requires astronomical specs to play...this is why consoles are so appealing.
                      DENIAL IS NOT JUST A ****ING RIVER IN BRAZIL. C&c, company of heroes, starcraft 2, total war games, world in conflict, civ, flight simulator, jeopardy 2008, warcraft 3, wow, supreme commander, bus driver 2.0
                      Last edited by Wiglaf; June 26, 2008, 15:54.

Comment

• Flight simulator is what terrists use. You are a terrist.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• I really doubt they'd have the computers to run it you lunatic

Comment

• Sony announced they've already lost $1.16B on console sales in 2008... Cripes, how many game cartridges do they have to sell to make that up?
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• A good question if Sony were Nintendo and the year was 1998.

Comment

• Originally posted by Felch

No worries, it's single-player only. The online aspect consists of sharing creations, and those can be limited to people you know and trust.
                                But I want the flying penis hordes to dominate the virtualspace!

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X