Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by conmcb25
    UnO beat me to it

he and I differ in opinion on the belt pouch. I think every n00b (like you )should do that quest, he says no big deal.
    Meh. I didn't even see the quest on my first character. Too busy doing what the warmaster told me instead of exploring. POOF! Out of pre-searing at level 4. A poor monk with not a dime to her name and who didn't even have the res signet. (and still doesnt, actually....)

Had the damndest time getting to err, whatever the one outpost is...the one that they made so boringly easy to run to now... So much trouble, I went and started Nemo to bonk some heads.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Man I cant wait til I get home

Gonna go down by the river and do some hunting and fishing

Then go do the pouch quest

Thanks again, awesome help

Oh and if ya get a good look at me, Pimpin aint Gramps, but I do love my dark blue suit..great for shadows and night
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

One thing I think I should mention. I am assuming you know what I mean by pre and post sear. If you don't please ask.

No, I was hoping to "stumble" onto that meaning

Comment

• Oh...You will.

When the game gives you the warning that "it may be difficult to return" or something like that, it means "if you click continue you're never coming back to newbie land, so be damn sure you've done what you wanted to before continuing"
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I have a level 7 monk thats permanently in Pre-Sear, and a level 11 Ele thats still never done a mission in Prophesies.

So he has a level buddy. I think Gramps plays pretty early in the evening (Eastern Time) so Im not sure how much we can hook up.

I need to get on with him. I have been captivated by Colonization II this week, and need to break that addiction, I guess
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

No, I was hoping to "stumble" onto that meaning

OK Im going to give you the cliff notes

Read the book, its great Gramps, really. And with the way you love stories and story telling you will like it Im sure.

Pre Sear is set up as a n00bie area. Once you are done there you do a mini mission then you are in Post Sear.

Post Sear is the Continent of Tyria (of which Ascalon the areas around it are a big part.) But its like 100 or 200 years in the future.

During that 200 years the Charr have invaded from the North and basically destroyed most of Ascalon. The beautiful scenery in Pre-Sear is replaced by a burnt out very gritty landscape in post Sear.

The Charr destroys Ascalon and you as a young hero are trying to make your way in this new world.

Post Sear is Really Guild Wars Prophesies. (The Chapter you started in) The World you see now is just a very small fraction of whats available after you do that mission and arrive in Post Sear Ascalon. Its post Sear because the Charr have "seared" (or burned) the landscape.

Thats when the game really starts and like UnO said be dam sure you did everything you wanted in Pre Sear because there is no going back.

Read the book Gramps, you are going to love this storyline.
              Last edited by conmcb25; September 26, 2008, 14:46.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• No....

The new "leveling buddy". Summonable fire imp. Only available if you buy certain editions, or have ever purchased from the store.

Don't know if the stone comes customized or not, but I figured I might try to transfer it. I got a mesmer I believe that is level 15ish or so. So, I was going to try to transfer the summoning stone.
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I believe thats binding but Im not sure. Although my level 11 Ele would get one. I think thats the only guy I have below level 20. Wait I also have a Dervish I think thats never done anything, but thats the wrong chapter.

Gramps on the colllector that gives you a belt pouch:

Look at the middle of that page from Guild wiki

It appears the guy is Brownlow, thats who gives you a belt pouch for 5 scale fins.

Guild wars Wiki is your freind

Back to work, I actually do have to do some work for a bit.

What time are you going to be on tonight Gramps? Approximately?

Comment

• Pretty sure the searing was 5-8 years long, not 100-200.

I don't know, one of the NPC's says something about where you've been for the last x years.
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Yep you are a lot closer UnO

1270DR for pre sear

1272DR for post sear Ascalon (Prophesies Campaign)

Comment

• Oh and pay attention to Gwen Gramps, she makes recurring "appearences" in the storyline

Comment

• The Binding Stone is customized so you can't transfer it. I just checked on my Ele

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                            Pretty sure the searing was 5-8 years long, not 100-200.
                            Maybe he thought you go into magic cryostasis for 198 years.

Comment

I believe thats binding but Im not sure. Although my level 11 Ele would get one. I think thats the only guy I have below level 20. Wait I also have a Dervish I think thats never done anything, but thats the wrong chapter.

Gramps on the colllector that gives you a belt pouch:

Look at the middle of that page from Guild wiki

It appears the guy is Brownlow, thats who gives you a belt pouch for 5 scale fins.

Guild wars Wiki is your freind

Back to work, I actually do have to do some work for a bit.

What time are you going to be on tonight Gramps? Approximately?
                              I am on now, for a little longer

I did join your Guild

I am Now Level 6

798 gold

Found Dwens Flute

Did the Barradins Tithe for Devonna

Upgraded to a belt pouch

Upgraded to a level 2 Tactics,1 Swordsmanship and 6 strength

Comment

• I'ld be on for a bit, but apparantly my .DAT file has gone corrupt, so I'm having to re-install.
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X