This is where I have been thus far

I have had a blast battling and collecting gold and goods

But I must focus on improving my skills

Thanks for input/suggestions!!

Gramps
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You might want to keep your scales until you come across a Xunlai agent for storage. They become tedious to farm later, when you might need them.

Check your quest log. It usually directs you to the next trainer for your primary. If there's not, you've either not gotten the quest or you have all the skills for your primary. If it's the latter case, it's time to work on your secondary. I recommend trying all the secondaries and all their skills before finally choosing one. There should be 2 trainers for each secondary profession.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
        I been Warmaster Grast and picked up 2 swordsman skils

I also went to Duke Barradin and fought Agnar the foot and got the skill Hammerbash

But cant find where to go next to get more warrior skills training

I been twice back and forth to to Warmaster Grast but nothing new

Any suggestions which way to go?
        I believe thats about it for warrior skills pre-searing.

You can chose a second profession and collect those skills.

Have you decided on a second profession?
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Near the portal South East of Ashford Abbey is Devona with some important quest or another.

You might need a secondary before it's activated though.

Have fun with the secondaries, just keep in mind you are a WARRIOR first.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Devona has the skill point granting quest which we mentioned earlier, and is a must do in Pre-Searing IMHO.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Oh and Gramps, I threw you an invite to my and UnO's VERY Casual Guild.

Its up to you whether you want to join or not, but its a nice place to hide and we offer that service to Poly Members. You don't get it so much in Pre Searing but if you are un-Guilded, and in one of the major towns post Searing, you'll get spammed to death with private conversations from folks asking you to join there Guild.

Its up to you, most of the folks in the Guild are my kids, UnO, and a few Poly guys. Sharpe and Snoopy369 are still members but haven't played for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25
                Oh and Gramps, I threw you an invite to my and UnO's VERY Casual Guild.

Its up to you whether you want to join or not, but its a nice place to hide and we offer that service to Poly Members. You don't get it so much in Pre Searing but if you are un-Guilded, and in one of the major towns post Searing, you'll get spammed to death with private conversations from folks asking you to join there Guild.

Its up to you, most of the folks in the Guild are my kids, UnO, and a few Poly guys. Sharpe and Snoopy369 are still members but haven't played for a while.
                Thanks

I will look for you!

In another item I have seen, must be kids stalking one another..and also for some reason you see male and female characters just sitting beside one anothe off alone..not sure why...

I also notice when I "dump" possessions to a merchant, loads of people come running up after I do, assuming to buy what I am selling, mostly stuff I have no need for.

Its a shame one cant have a place to store all these itemss for later, because for real, hard to tell what is and is not useful

Is there anywhere I can look to see what I have accomplished so far?

I have been to Devonna and di so mething for her, I think killed off some creature, IIRC.

One other thing, there are so many people in green, who should I seek?

It was mentioned I should remember I am a warrior, does it do me any good to hang around and slay bad guys which will bring up my exeprience plus allow me to collect gold and goods to sell for gold?

Or should I go train in a second profession?

Thanks and I really do appreciate all the help, its getting started thats a little overwhelming, what to and what not to engage in activity wise.

Gramps

Comment

Thanks

I will look for you!

In another item I have seen, must be kids stalking one another..and also for some reason you see male and female characters just sitting beside one anothe off alone..not sure why...

I also notice when I "dump" possessions to a merchant, loads of people come running up after I do, assuming to buy what I am selling, mostly stuff I have no need for.

Its a shame one cant have a place to store all these itemss for later, because for real, hard to tell what is and is not useful
                  I dont think they can buy up the stuff you just sold, so Im not sure why there is a rush. That seems odd.. Most of the stuff you will get in pre sear is pretty worthless, I would just sell most of it. Usually it doesn't even pay to identify a "blue" item before you sell it. I usually dont bother Identifying anything blue, I wait for purples and green unknowns.

If you collect anything, I would collect iron ignots which you get from salvaging iron type weapons, like swords, and sheilds. If you start salavging and get iron ingots save those and take them to Post Searing, it will help with your first set of new Armor Post Sear.

The other thing I believe was mentioned was white, black and possibly silver dyes. if you get any of those take them to Post Sear.

Is there anywhere I can look to see what I have accomplished so far?
                  Unfortunately not, there is no log of completed quests. I usually use the wiki to figure out if I need to do anything else.

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll I have been to Devonna and di so mething for her, I think killed off some creature, IIRC.

One other thing, there are so many people in green, who should I seek?
                  Again this is where the wiki comes in handy, and in some cases one of the old Guides, there was one for Prophesies and Factions, the maps and mission locations are good, and even some of the quest lists, most of the rest of the Guides are severly outdated.

It was mentioned I should remember I am a warrior, does it do me any good to hang around and slay bad guys which will bring up my exeprience plus allow me to collect gold and goods to sell for gold?
                  I would say once you are level 5 or 6. And have done the quest from Devona giving you a skill point, done all your skills granting quests, and gotten your belt pouch its time to go to post sear.
                  Or should I go train in a second profession?
                  I would before you left, and its not permanent, when you get to the Crystal Desert in Prophesies you can do some quests and then can start changing your secondary profession at will. So its not critical at this point what you choose and in the future you may change your secondary at the drop of a hat to change from one build to another.

I think UnO could probably elaborate on the Secondaries for a Warrior Better than I can. I think his Warrior has every profession secondary unlocked, and most of the skills for all the professions collected. I started out as a classic Wammo (W/Mo), and then changed to W/R, and W/E occassionally. Now a days I usually only run warrior skills, on the rare occasion I play Warrior.

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll Thanks and I really do appreciate all the help, its getting started thats a little overwhelming, what to and what not to engage in activity wise.

Gramps
                  No problem Gramps UnO and I both like to help. He is definately more knowledgeable than I. I know a bunch of stuff but UnO has that iron trap memory and remembers details better than I do.

Im sure the other guys don't mind helping either.

Comment

I do have the old Prophecies guide, I'ld be happy to mail you. It should help with the where to go and what to do, but all the skill info in it is obsolete.

I think UnO could probably elaborate on the Secondaries for a Warrior Better than I can. I think his Warrior has every profession secondary unlocked, and most of the skills for all the professions collected. I started out as a classic Wammo (W/Mo), and then changed to W/R, and W/E occassionally. Now a days I usually only run warrior skills, on the rare occasion I play Warrior.
                    yes....my warrior has EVERY secondary unlocked across all campaigns, and most skills from all of those secondaries unlocked as well. Some of the vets here will understand what a ludicrous amount of time and gold went into that...

My thoughts on the secondaries for a warrior available in Prophecies, in order of ease, IMO:

Monk: Heal thyself. At least for the first part of the game. Probably the easiest to start out with. So easy, you'll be wondering what's hitting you so hard once you cross the desert (2/3 through the game) and find yourself suddenly overpowered by much 'wiser' foes.

Smiting tree even offers some extra pep to your punch later, as well as a couple other builds that can make a this a real nice combo and not just a blatant Newbie sign.

Ranger: You won't be using a bow and have no access to expertise. That leaves the Wilderness Survival and beast Mastery tree for a warrior.

Beast Mastery has some fun builds to play around with, spirits, stances, etc. You CAN make a decent pet build, even if you like to have a kitty by your side. (don't get rid of the kitty till you do the quest that requires you have one post searing. You can pick and choose what pet you want after that)

Wilderness Survival would offer an easier self heal than your heal sig, some usefull stances, and assorted other fun. Apply Poison, for instance, makes the early game nice and simple.

Necromancer: Blood skills can heal you while damaging the opponent, curses can make you smack harder. Even a couple death skills can add some punch to your bonking.

Elementalist: Some seriously strong potential here. Both as offensive or defensive based builds. Some very fun ones to mess with, at that. Calling down fire in the early game can be fun for a warrior, and some of the early earth line skills can turn you into a real tank. Lack of a better self heal means you'll be dealing with the negatives of Heal Sig, though.

Mesmer: There are some usefull tools here for a warrior, especially a PVP warrior. I would not recommend it for starting out, however.
                    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 26, 2008, 12:45.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Belt pouch.....................

I remember something but dont have it..where was that?

One other item, I can only hold 20 total items, no others?

Thanks

What is the belt pouch for?

Comment

• Belt pouch lets you hold more items. As do bags.

Someone in/near Ascalon will give you a belt pouch if you give them X number of somethings (2-5 skale fins, I believe).

But, they are readily available post searing as well, I wouldn't fret too much about it, myself.

I'll hook you up.

To be honest, all you really NEED to carry over with you to post searing is:

Any dyes.
                        Any raw materials (leather, iron ingots, etc)
                        Any runes, if you found any.

Get to Ascalon afterward, and con or I will hook you up with the first set of armor, belts, pouches, storage account, and general STARTING equipment you'll need to survive post searing.

We're not going to pimp you out in the finest, though. We're mean like that. (It would defeat the purpose of the game anyway)
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• The belt pouch is just another bag, look at the screen shot you posted of your warrior on page 3.

Right Below the Button that says "weapon Sets" is a row of slots, the first of which is occupied by the bag you get when you start the game with a new character.

The second slot is the for the belt pouch its just a 5 slot bag but in presear where your ability to carry extra stuff is severly limited, it makes a big difference.

You can get it in pre sear by taking a quest from a quest giver right outside of Ascalon and to the left, next to the shrine you pop up at if you die in that zone. The resurrection shrine. If you bring that guy 5 scale fins you get a pouch. Its simple and easy.

Thats your extra storage in pre sear. Thats it.

In Post Sear you can buy two more bags like the one you have and place them in the two remaining slots.

In post sear you will also get a storage chest that you can access in every town post sear to store stuff in town. That really increases your storage capacity, although you can't carry that stuff with you while adventuring.

All this stuff costs $$$, but UnO and I will give you a stake to get your first set of armor and bags, once you get to post sear Ascalon city.

One thing I think I should mention. I am assuming you know what I mean by pre and post sear. If you don't please ask.

And I also suggest your read the entire "story" in the manual, the Guild Wars storyline is one of the best I have ever seen in this type of game and that includes some of the MMO's out there you pay 15 bucks a month to play.

Enjoying the storyline is a big part of what makes Guild wars a great game.
                          Last edited by conmcb25; September 26, 2008, 14:27.

Comment

• UnO beat me to it

he and I differ in opinion on the belt pouch. I think every n00b (like you )should do that quest, he says no big deal.

Its really not a big deal either way but if you want a bag now in pre sear the only way to get it is to bring the scale fins (5 of them) to that collector who collects them just outside AC to the left.

Kill the Scales along the river till you get enough of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                              Doing better

I been collecting and selling items

Getting more gold now

Ok

I been Warmaster Grast and picked up 2 swordsman skils

I also went to Duke Barradin and fought Agnar the foot and got the skill Hammerbash

But cant find where to go next to get more warrior skills training

I been twice back and forth to to Warmaster Grast but nothing new

Any suggestions which way to go?
                              Sever Artery, Gash and Hammer bash are all skills for taking down one or few high level creatures. You should look out for simple DPS skills as well for mowing through trash, along with frenzy.

Comment

• Hmmm....

I wonder if I could give him a "leveling buddy" as well... I bought EOTN in the in-game store, so should have access to it...wonder if I have anyone left under lvl 20 to actually acquire it...
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X