Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by conmcb25

Ive got a Polycast to do on Sunday (I finally let DanQ twist my arm), but after that Im pretty free.

What ya talking on, Demogames? Or maybe the Colonization?

(hey...you need to start a colonization demogame, that might show me enough to get me interested in it...)

If you know ahead of time you maybe on let me know.
    POSSIBLY late Friday night.

Depending on when the snow starts, maybe some Saturday morning/afternoon. (if soccer games get cancelled, basically)

I don't know if the wife's working Sunday or not.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I have no idea what Im talking about, DanQ just forwarded me a bunch of programs I have to download to do the Podcast.

I guess Ill find out on saturday
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• dp

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike

Yes, using an 8 person instanced model.

Everything after the "yes" was confusing and unnecessary

You made it seem like a condition on free play.

Everyone that ever played an MMO may have understood it. Me, having never played one, did not.

Instead of explaining what you meant, you insulted my intelligence.

Yay you.

ACK!

Comment

• The weekend cometh!!!

Finally, some relief!

I do intend do play some GW tonight, barring any last minute issues!

I know its been about a week or more, so looking forward!

Will post when I get home and know for sure and maybe a few can meet up and kill the char!!!
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• I should be able to be on tonight Gramps, I haven't played the ele at all this week so he will be good to go.

Im also sending you a PM, in a few minutes check that out.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                Everything after the "yes" was confusing and unnecessary

You made it seem like a condition on free play.

Everyone that ever played an MMO may have understood it. Me, having never played one, did not.

Instead of explaining what you meant, you insulted my intelligence.

Yay you.

ACK!
                Basically most MMO's that you pay 15 bucks for are a persistant world.

So everyone on a particular server (most of them have several servers or "worlds" to choose from), will all be in basically the same space together at one time. One person maybe on the other side of the world, but eventually they could keep walking and meet WITHOUT having to "zone" somewhere. Even the 15 buck a month MMO's, have some "instancing". Some more than others. World of Warcraft is one huge world. You can basically travel from one end to another without having to "zone into" another zone. Everquest II is more instanced. They have areas Blocked off. The towns are all instanced, and for example the areas that are blocked of and instanced are usually segregated by player level. So all the level 10 to 20 players more or less use to play in Antonica (for the good guys), and the Commonlands (for the bad guys.). The game was "cut up" a lot more, but you still had a world were everyone close to each other in level played together. or at least a part of the world was persistant. It was there all the time, and the monsters constantly respawned when killed.

Guild Wars is different. Everyone is together in towns, can form groups, change skills, sell and buy items, etc. But once you go into an adventure area, you are there by yourself and your group. Hence Spike said a "8 person instanced model". Thats the big difference, and the reason why Guild Wars can be a no monthly fee game. because of all the instancing, the server load is much lower, so the expense of maintaining the game is lower.

I hope that explains it.
                Last edited by conmcb25; October 10, 2008, 10:06.

Comment

• Oh, it was explained the first time I played. When there was no one else in the world with me.

ACK!

Comment

• Good

You going to be around tonight? Or this weekend? Have you gotten to post sear Ascalon yet???

Comment

• gonna head in to play a bit...its a little late but plan on hanging a spell

Comment

• I was going to farm some faction, but it looks like Kurziks took over all my preferred farming towns, so....meh.
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I went to the football game with my kids last night, I should be on later today after that Podcast

Comment

• Originally posted by conmcb25
                            I went to the football game with my kids last night, I should be on later today after that Podcast
                            Maybe we can hook up

good luck with podcast, is allways fun!

Comment

• Interesting...

Arena.net just sent me an Email to remind me they are doing the Halloween Art Contest again.

Guess they liked the thank you letter and pics I sent them after Halloween last year.
                              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Gonna try a little playing now

GT

Comment

Working...
                                X