What video card do you currently own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher
    Don't think the 8800 GT was out half a year ago. Or maybe it was and time's flown..
    No not quite 6 months ago, but I originally bought the EVGA 8800 GTS, but EVGA has a three month trade up policy, so I snagged the GT, even though it cost less (I got no refund). Mainly due to the fact that it was a little faster, one slot, and if I decided to do SLI, it would not be as much $ to get set up with another GT versus the GTS which is still more expensive (WTF).
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I own a 7600GT, which cost around 220USD back when I bought it. I'm still very satisfied with the purchase - while much more affordable than the high-range cards, it runs everything well given my more moderate requirements, say, such as not trying to run games in very high resolutions.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Nvidia GE Force GO 7600. I can't remember the price though, I think it was somewhere around 300ish. It doeseverything I need it to for now, but as always an upgrade would be nice.
        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

I'm getting a 8800 GT shortly.

Comment

Hopefully I'll be upgrading to a desktop in the long run. I hate how uncustomizable laptops are despite their portability. I'm pretty sure that whenever Spore comes out it's going to look like crap if even be able to run on my machine.
            Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
            Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

8800GT in the office, got it in Jan I think. 512mb

It runs Crysis on full very well, but the Quad core chip really helps a lot. I have Duo Core, 8600GT at home, and its a bit slower in parts.
              be free

Comment

8800GT

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

800 XL
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                    800 XL

You must have that thing seriously overclocked to run civ4
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Heh, I used to have one of those Atari 800XLs. I played Ultima III on that box. Shame it died in a power surge; I went through more than a decade without a computer after it.
                      Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                        800 XL
                        Why the frownie face? Assuming you mean x800, that's a quite good card. Not PS3.0, so it will need an update for certain games, but it's well powered (assuming it has decent memory on it anyway).
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

its not a 8800 GT
                          "

Comment

DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

But it has 64k!

Comment

I got an 8800GTX one year ago at around $800 now it's at $570.
                                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                                X