Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Spore be a good game?

Will it?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Probably not, seems overly ambitious. It will sell tons though.
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

I didn't say classic, or excellent, I said good.

I mean is it that over ambious?

BTW Cool avatar!
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Hopefully - it is an interesting concept.
        I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
          Hopefully - it is an interesting concept.
          QFT

I'm realy hoping that it will be good. I just soo want an evolution game.

Comment

I will wait for Dr. Spike's review.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
              I didn't say classic, or excellent, I said good.

I mean is it that over ambious?

BTW Cool avatar!
              And I answered the question in terms of good . The game is very ambitious it takes you from a multicellular organism to a space faring civilization. It requires a good pacman like game, a good rts like game, and a good civilization type game, for it to be considered good in my opinion. It is hard to just make one of those different games good, let alone all 3 at the same time.
              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

dp
                Last edited by flash9286; March 8, 2008, 19:34.

Comment

At the very least it will be fun to see all the neat ways to kill stuff. My only enjoyment with my wife's copy of The Sims 2 btw...
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

The fact that you don´t have a fixed set of enemy creatures in the game but instead take your enemies/competitors of every level from an ever increasing international database at least sounds like there will be a high replayability and you might experience differences between each game that are much higher than the differences in other games (like Civ IV for example)
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I'm sure DrSpike will love it
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

He'll never dare to try it.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Spore will be a fun way to pass a Sunday afternoon. A single, Sunday afternoon. Whether that makes it good or bad, I don't know.
                          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Here's my take on it. Maybe in order, maybe not.

- It's going to sell like hotcakes.
                            - Your everyday gamer is gonna like it.
                            - Diehard / hardcore gamers really won't like it (due in large part to the first two things), and will spend months talking about how this or that really sucks.
                            - The core criticism (critics and gamers) will most likely be centered around the AI. It will be the same situation with Black & White: When you hear someone complain about the game's AI, you basically know they can't do anything.*
                            - This might be naive, but I don't expect any sort of "Spore Zerg" that takes over every player's galaxy.

Thats all for now. I'm kinda tired. Bottom line? I think, by and large, the overwhelming percentage of people will say its a good game.

* Really, folks. Ensuring that your Creature didn't consome its own feces was painfully simple.
                            It's a CB.
                            --
                            SteamID: rampant_scumbag

Comment

If AI is the biggest issue I don't see what the problem with the game will be.

From everything I can tell, SPORE was created not to be a game so much as a toy to play God on. Much like Wright's other productions, goals tend to be secondary in nature to playing, experimentation, and creativity. If SPORE is 1/3 as good as it looks it will be a turning point for gaming, which will add to other games in the future.
                              First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                              Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Working...
                              X